Young Remus Lupin- wolves (smut)

(NSFW BBY)

"Go away, y/n!"

That was the first time Remus had snapped at you, and to say it took you by surprise was an understatement.
You stared at him, using all your strength to hold back the tears you so wanted to let pour out.
Your chest still ached from where he had pushed you back, and you held your hand up to the pain.
"Remus... I..." you choked out.
There was a look of regret on his face at that moment, but he soon turned and trudged off out of the entrance hall, leaving you- alone- behind him.

You were used to Remus and his friends being absolute trouble makers, but they rarely left the Castle after hours unsubtly; but Remus seemed to have forgotten about being at all sneaky this time around.
You peered out of the large Hogwarts door to watch where exactly he was going. You were worried he was headed for the forest, which was highly dangerous regardless of the time of day. But his footing seemed to switch in the direction of the Womping Willow: a large, deadly tree that was plopped on the grounds the year you began Hogwarts. Everyone assumed it was just some extra, magical security measure, so you were shocked when Remus inched further and further towards it's killer branches.
You felt your breath hitch as he crawled on the ground, over the roots of the huge tree. It began to twist and contort at his presence. He was bound to be beaten to death.
But... no... the placing of his hand brought the tree to a stiff halt, and Remus was soon out of sight.

You looked back at the deserted, dimly lit hall and gulped.
Surely it wouldn't hurt to go and find him? You weren't going to sleep, anwyay, with the previous argument swirling around in your head like a stubborn tornado.
You held onto your robes for warmth and dashed towards the tree, mirroring the behaviour of the boy before you.

You were in what appeared to be a secret passageway. It was pitch black, so you held out your wand.
"Lumos."
Remus and his friends knew a lot of secret passages around the school, so it wasn't new for you to find youself in one of these mysterious tunnels.
You used your brightly- lit wand to navigate along the pathway, until you noticed a light.
Your destination.

You appeared in a room, decorated like any other bedroom with a four- poster bed and tasteless wallpaper from the 30's, but what made it peculiar were the boarded-up windows.
The shrieking shack, you thought to youself, expecting then to get a chair in the face- chucked by a poltergeist- at any moment . But nothing. Besides the lack of windows, it was as ordinary as you could get.
You forgot for a moment that Remus was actually in there somewhere, until you heard a bump downstairs.
You collected your thoughts and took youself slowly down the ordinary staircase, noticing now odd scratchmarks on the walls. You traced them slowly with your finger as you decended, wondering what could have created the great gashes in the plaster board.
You had been fairly quiet, lost in your own head, until the very last step, which came with a deafening creek, and you were soon met with the face of a rather terrified Remus from another room.

"Y/n-" He said, an expression on his face you could not read, "h...how? W...what are you doing here?"
"I couldn't leave our conversation there. I've come to apologise for..."
Remus looked worriedly down at the watch on his left wrist, "I told you to leave me alone!"
"Remus, you can talk to me-"
"You need to get out!"
Sweat was beading on his forehead now.
"Get out!"
You were getting worried youself. He'd never been like this before. Not in front of you.
"Remus..."
He stayed well away from you but pointed up the stairs.
"Y/n! For fuck's sake! I love you, I don't want to hurt you."
That hit you like a truck. You could not move.

Before your brain had even processed what he had said, he let out an ugly scream and his body hunched over in an uncomfortable position. You watched, your mouth wide, as the boy you cared about more than anyone in the world painfully turned into something... strange.
You had to cast your mind back to third-year to realise what he had become.
"Werewolf," you whispered, "after all this time."