Book: I Changed For You, Chapter 7 (Lucky Man)

"Hrk!" You coughed as you choked on your own saliva. You then ignored it and looked around, you sighed when you realize that you're not in the setting of the previous chapter.

You looked around and saw that you're in a office setting where your collegues are typing away on their computers.

"Kay, you're not done with TTAW 'Ridiculous Introduction' yet. I'm just blipping you to another book of mine. Don't worry, It's WAY milder than TTAW." You sighed in relief.

"But there will be knife play, a stalker, obsessive, possessive guy— etcetera." You shoulder tensed up.

"Alright, 'woke reader'. Welcome to my book, I Changed For You, chapter: "Lucky Man." Requested by LuciferKaiCerr, thanks bud." You looked around, everything seem nice. You pulled your phone out and placed it next to your ear, ensuring that no one will think that you're talking to yourself.

"What's this chapter all about?"

"So um. It all started when the protag of this book did some stupid shit to make the ugliest kid fall for her." You nodded, signalling them to go on.

"Then, fast forward a few years later. Guy comes back with a completely different err... look or something. Like he became hot just for you. Hence the title of the book: I changed for you."

"What's happening in this chapter?" You asked as you scratched your head.

"So like, your totally hot but err... mentally screwed up boyfriend poisoned your friend's food." You grimace at it.

"Damn... so I'm guessing that I'll teleport back to base after... I save that friend?" You asked.

"Nah, reach around like... a thousand and a half words." You grumbled. Okay, you can do that.

"When will the hell start?" You asked.

"Now." As if on cue, You felt a tap on your shoulder.

You turned around to see a female collegue. "Yes?"

"Hey (y/n), want some?" Asey opened her takeaway to reveal streaming (least favourite food). It looks relatively normal, it doesn't seem like any foreign substance was added to it.

"Hey um. I don't— I don't think you should eat that." You put your phone down and look at Asey.

"Why not?"

"It's uh, probably poisoned." You hope that it would convince Asey not to eat it. However, because you don't know what lead to this or how can your deranged boyfriend tamper with it, chances of success is quite low.

Asey snorted. "Look, (y/n). I know your boyfriend's a creep and he pulled a knife on you." Your eyes widened, he did?! Why didn't the protagonist in this universe report to the police immediately!?

"Breaking the fourth wall here. For the readers who had the same question about why ain't it reported to the police, please read 'I Changed For You' from the very first chapter to the end— it'll make sense I promise." You hear creator talking to whoever is enjoying this.

"—but there ain't no way he's dumb enough to do anything to this." Asey added. You bit your lower lip. That's exactly what he did!

"But there might be a chance!" You exclaimed.

"C'mon, even if he did poison it, I could easily point fingers at him cause... he's the last person to touch my food. Plus, there ain't a reason for the restaurant to poison it for me!" She reasoned.

"Asey! It's really goddamn poisoned!" You half-yelled.

"No, it ain't. Watch." She scooped a large amount of her takeaway and placed it in her mouth. You brought your hands to your head.