eight

"park jisunggg," songhee spoke into her phone, and at that moment, jisung opened the front door of his house, phone in hand and grinning

"morning, songhee," jisung laughed, ending their two second call. 

"morning to you too," songhee joked in return.

"the weather has been nice lately," jisung noted at the cloudless, grey-blue sky. it was a pleasant friday morning. "it's been breezy, but warm."

"yeah. huh."

"so... remember how we're gonna watch a movie tomorrow?" jisung began. songhee nodded and jisung grinned. "i bought the tickets."

"nice, i'll pay you back tomorrow, then," she smiled, squinting in the sunlight.

"no, it's okay," jisung refused. "this is my treat."

"hey... come on, i already get free food 'cause of you, since you know mark," songhee shook her head. "i'll pay for my own ticket. how much?"

jisung sighed. "alright, you have a point. it's twenty dollars."

"noted."

"so uh," jisung said, kicking the rocks on the pathway. "at the cinema down the road? like should we meet in front of it at seven? then head to the shops to get food?"

"sounds good with me," songhee nodded. 

the walk to school was a little more awkward today - for whatever apparent reason jisung and songhee thought.

~

the cafeteria emptied quickly at lunch. jisung and songhee decided to hide indoors from the sun today. they strolled up and down the hall, peering into other classrooms and observing their surroundings. jisung and songhee were the type that still felt each others' company, even if it seemed like they were both ignoring each other and not talking.

"yah, lee songhee," a threatening voice interrupted their silent company. songhee turned around, hoping it wasn't who she thought it was.

lee donghyuck.

"so, park jisung and the new girl, lee songhee," donhyuck smirked, then threw back his head for a burst of laughter. "an unlikely couple."

"mind your own business, you weasel," songhee dismissed him. songhee grabbed jisung's arm and walked in the opposite direction.

"hey!" donghyuck called and he jogged up to them to face them directly. "it's rude to walk away from someone who's just trying to have a friendly conversation with you," he sneered in an authoritative tone.

"please stop bothering us, what do you want?" jisung asked impatiently.

"hmm," donghyuck pretended to think. "what do i want...?"

his arrogant demeanour made the hair on the back of songhee's neck stand up. 

"i want her," donghyuck stared straight at jisung, then looked at songhee with a smirk. "you're pretty hot, i mean. you'd look nice, next to me instead of him"