twenty six

it was now late on new years' eve, and donghyuck, jisung and songhee had arranged to go to myeongdong and see the christmas lights while they shopped around, and also go to the seoul plaza ice rink

the trio found a spot to sit outside as they admired bustling ice rink and streets.

"this feels refreshing," donghyuck sighed, and looked at the two. "you two planning to make a move?"

"what?" songhee wasn't listening.

"um?" jisung didn't understand what donghyuck was talking about.

"nevermind," donghyuck shook his head. "question though, what's your ideal type?" he asked songhee.

"why do you ask that so suddenly," songhee chuckled, eyeing him suspiciously. he shrugged and songhee answered his question anyway. "i think... a guy who is patient and loving, i guess," she grinned, and the thought of jisung crossed her mind continually.

"interesting," donghyuck nodded slowly. "what about you, jisung?"

"for me? uh... someone with a pretty heart," he said, a little embarrassed. he thought about songhee.

someone with a pretty heart, huh... songhee thought to herself. well, i guess that's not me then. 

however, songhee smiled and looked at donghyuck. "what about you?"

"well, i haven't really given too much of a thought about it, but i think someone who understands me would be nice," he shrugged and smiled.

"good luck with that," songhee laughed, shoving him lightly. jisung laughed, his breaths coming out as little clouds in the air.

jisung's words rang continuously through songhee's mind.

someone with a pretty heart. someone with a pretty heart.

she looked at jisung, who sat next to her. "you wanna go skate?"

she turned and looked at donghyuck as well.

"sure," donghyuck grinned.

not long after, the three were on the ice and whizzing around, trying not to knock over anyone while they did so. they laughed and had fun, with all their thoughts put aside.

donghyuck especially noticed how songhee and jisung were so comfortable together, eyes glimmering and smiles permanently on their faces. he felt frustrated as he knew how oblivious each of them were to the others' emotions.

however, he reassured himself, that they would stop being so blind soon - he hoped.

~

"we should catch the subway back now," songhee said as they pulled off their ice skates. "we should be at home for the countdown," she grinned.

the three went home, getting off on the same stop. donghyuck went his way and waved goodbye to songhee and jisung, who were headed the same way.