Chapter 7: Spirit Guardians

Hikaru POV 

"Hikaru, it's now officially your first day in Heart Kingdom as one of our new part time spirit guardian!"  Lolopechka states.  I smile at her gently.  "Yes, indeed.  Though being spirit guardian, is it the same as being a magic knight?" I ask.  

She nods her head in response.  "Yes, it pretty much is the same.  Helping the people in need, protecting the country of invaders, and such.  But, since most areas of Heart Kingdom are unique and has lots of vegetation many natural occurrences like tornados and etc. happen.  Plus these natural occurrences are not so natural, since Heart Kingdom is abundant in mana, they tend to appear randomly.  This is quite different in Clover Kingdom.  So, here you'll be more focusing on helping the people during these times more than fighting against invaders."  Lolopechka lecterns me.  

She continues.  "Though what I told you is just a brief overview of your job as spirit guardian as well as protecting the queen.  I'll have the  spirit guardians introduce themselves and tell you more."  As soon as she finished her sentence a couple people entered the room, one of them being Gadjah.  

"Well here they are!  The spirit guardians!  Though this is only a portion of them..."  Lolopechka states.  They stand a couple of feet away from us and bow to Lolopechka.  "It's nice to see you again Princess."  A man with stocky build and medium length hair stated.  "Yes, it's nice to see you too Potrof.  Spirit Guardians that are present, I have an announcement to make."  the princess says sternly.  

"As you know, we have made an ally of Clover Kingdom and in return we requested help and they have sent us a magic knight." She turns towards me, signaling that I come forward.  "This is our new friend who will be helping us.  Please treat her kindly and help her understand what to do."  Lolopechka finishes with a smile on her face.  

"Of course."  "As you wish princess"  "Very well"  the three spirit guardians say in response.  The man with stocky build walks forward and slightly bows before he introduces himself.  "Hi my name is Potrof, the plant spirit guardian.  I look forward to working with you."  He smiles.  I smile back in return.  

Next a man with a hooded cloak comes forward, the cloak covering his face to where I can't see any features.  "Hi I'm Floga, the fire spirit guardian.  I'll be teaching you about physical combat."  I smile at him, to be friendly.  

Next the man who I already know steps out.  "I'll reintroduce myself again.  My name is Gadjah the lightning spirit guardian and I'll be showing you around and help you out on your duties during the time that you are here." I send a gentle smile, excited that I'll be spending more time with him.  

Once their introductions are done, I speak up "Hi it's really nice to meet you all.  My name is Hikaru Novachrono, I am a magic knight and the previous vice captain of the Grey Deer.  I look forward to working with you guys." I bow slightly sending them a smile. 

Lolopechka claps her hands now that our introductions are done.  "Now that you have met each other, you may leave and carry out your duties."  She now looks over at me.  "As what Floga has said earlier, he will train you in physical combat, the three of them will switch off training you with magic.  Gadjah will be showing you around the kingdom and what to do.  As soon as you understand and get the hang of things around here, you can start your duties."  She says waving us off.  I bow as I turn towards Gadjah.  

"Well off you go, you two!  Train hard Hikaru!  I'll be seeing you in a week."  Lolopechka says.  

I walk away smiling, wondering what awaits me.  My new training and new friends and experience await me.  'I'll be stronger and better in no time.  Wait for me Fuego...Nozel!'