Chapter 1 - Perfect

I fall back onto my bed. Today has been such shit! I fucking hate everyone!

I bite my lip and an exhale escapes my mouth. My muscles tensed up as I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

My bedroom door handle twists and it flies open, exposing my dad standing in the doorway.

"I know you're upset. It's very sudden and a lot to process." He spoke calmly, sitting down next to me. His fat ass caused the bed to sink in. "Having four teenagers coming to live with us is intense." He added.

"Technically they're adults since they're 18 and 19.." I mumbled under my breath to myself.

He inhales a breath and releases a smile.

"I know this is hard Brooks. You're only 17 and having people so close to your age coming to live with us is tough to handle." He says while glancing at me.

"Aren't half of them, like, delinquents? What if they hurt me.. o-or bully me!" I speak rapidly, my heart beating at a fast pace.

My dad places his hand on my shoulder. "Son, I'll make sure that won't happen. If it does, they will be removed from this home. No son of my mine will be treated that way."

"Does Hannah know yet?"

"No, she doesn't."

I sigh, resting my head against my headboard. "Is she even home yet?"

He shakes his head, looking down at the floor. "I came to tell you that dinner is ready, by the way."

"I lost my appetite. I just want to sleep." I groan out as I fumble with my black comforter, pulling it over my head.

"Okay then.. I'll save you leftovers if you get hungry later." I can feel his sad smile and eyes as he gets up and walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

••••

I can't sleep.

I toss and turn for hours, trying to close my eyes and relax. It won't work!

I finally give up, throwing my comforter off of me and standing up. I slip a pair of shorts over my briefs and creak down the hallway.

My stomach growls as I make my way to the living room. I throw my head back in agony and aggravation. I turn directions and walk towards the kitchen.

I stop at the fridge, opening the door quietly. The smell of all sorts of goodness hits the air. I smile as I dig into the fruits and sweets.

I plop onto the couch and start to eat an almost frozen Twix. I'm not sure why, but my mom and dad like their chocolate cold and hard.

I scroll through Instagram, stalking all the cute guys that I scroll past.

Suddenly, I hear the door open and jump.

Luckily, it's just Hannah. She raises her eyebrows. "Aren't you up late." She smirks playfully and giggles. I smile at her.

"But it's only 3:46!" I chuckle and she returns the favor.

Me and Hannah have always been really close. She's a year older than me, but we always got along so well. I guess we just got lucky.

"Ughh, I'm so hungryyy." She groans in pain as she puts her purse down on the counter.

"There's leftovers in the fridge from dinner that I didn't eat." I say, attracting my attention back to my phone screen.

"Oh, okay. Thank you Baby Face!" She smiles my way as I return an eye roll.

"Just because you're older by one year doesn't mean you can call me that!" I huff out.
She just giggles and makes her way over to me after making a fruit salad.

She glances at my phone screen from behind me. "Whatcha lookin' attt?" She asks with one brow raised, giving a curious grin.

"J-Just guys.." My cheeks start to burn a little and I quietly chuckle. She ruffles my hair before sitting down next to me and looking through my phone with me.

"That one looks like a delinquent." She hisses at me and takes another piece of fruit out of her bowl. A sudden rush of fear trails over me as I remember the people supposed to be coming tomorrow.

"Uh.. hey Hannah?" I glance over at her and she tilts her head and narrows her eyes.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"W-What!? No!" My cheeks start to burn again and I shake it away. "Mom and dad.." I trail off, staring at the wall.

"Go onnnn"

"They told me that four teenagers were coming to live with us. From what I've heard, they're 18-19, living with us for awhile, and some of them are.. delinquents." I look at the ground as she stares at me with wide eyes.

"What the hell!?" She blurts out and rolls her eyes. "Great. Delinquents." She groans and throws her head back. "Perfect.."

••••

The sun shines in through the curtains. I yawn, sitting up and stretching my arms. I run a hand through my hair, using my other hand to grab my phone. I turn it on, squinting my eyes to see what the time was. Those eyes widen when I do realize the time.

11:34

I turn to Hannah and shake her rapidly. She groans and smacks my hand away.

"Fuck offfff!" She slurs at me and narrows her eyes my way. "I wanna sleep!" She adds, pouting.

"It's 11:34! Mom and dad left for the airport 30 minutes ago to go pick up the people!" I blurt out frantically. She sighs and sits up.

"I have to get ready on a Saturday." She frowns. I roll my eyes and walk towards the stairs.

Once I get to my room, I plug in my phone and put together an outfit. I stride out the door and towards the bathroom.

Moments later, warm water is running down my body. I run my hands through my hair and down my chest. I instantly freeze when I hear a knock at the door.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Uh.. hi. I really need to piss, can I come in." A deep voice speaks as my eyes widen and face flushes.

"I'm busy taking a shower right now.. I'll be out soon!"

I scrabble to finish my shower. I step out and dry my body off, quickly wrapping the towel around my waist. I open the door to rush out and let the guy in when I run into something. It feels like I just ran into a wall.

My towel falls down slightly, exposing my whole V-line. I quickly fix it and look up to see a tall, gorgeous guy standing in front of me. His hair is a dark brown and his sun kissed skin is so smooth looking. He stares down at me and furrows his brows.

"Excuse me?" He says, pushing his way past me, shutting the door in my face. I growl at his rudeness. What the fuck!? We welcome him into OUR home and he responds nastily!?

"Fucking asshole!" I whisper loudly to myself. I look up and shake my head, walking back to my room to get dressed.

I decided to put on an oversized shirt and some briefs since I wasn't planning on leaving the room anyways.

I lay sideways in my bed while I read, slowly drifting off.

This is going to be crazy.

A/N:
I hope it was okay! It's my first time writing an actually book/story at all, so I'm not very good at it. 😅

I hope that I'll get better as I continue!