Chapter 5 - Walk?

I'm a fucking idiot.

I can't drive.

It's more of a "I'm too scared to drive because I'm a fucking klutz and will get myself killed." kinda of can't drive.

I lean against the car, taking my head into my palms as I realize a breath. How the fuck was I supposed to get to the mall without being able to drive? Walking? That's too far.

"What are you doing here?" I jump as the voice approaches me. I whip around and see a tall, attractive male towering over me. Anyone really towers over me. I'm a pretty short guy. Especially for a senior.

He had bleached, blonde hair, dark blue eyes that looked grey when the sun wasn't hitting them. He wore a leather jacket and long, black boots, along with black jeans and some shirt with a band on it. He had huge biceps and defined abs you could make out through his shir-

"Hello?" He raises an eyebrow. I snap back and glare up at him.

"I was planning to ditch and go to the mall."

"Where's your car?"

"Don't have one."

"How the hell are you gonna get to the mall? Walk?"

I scrunch my nose and shake my head. He smirks a little and points behind me. I turn around and follow his line of sight to a 2011 Yamaha Stryker. I jerk my head back to meet his gaze.

"Hell no."

"Hell yeah." He grabbed my elbow and gave me a little tug. I jerked my arm back and stared at him.

Well fuck.

It's either I go with him and he takes me to the mall.

Or I don't and go back inside to my class. Plus detention for being 13 minutes late.

I didn't want to go back. I hated school already. I really didn't want to go to practice either. I could just have him take me to my house instead and risk getting caught ditching.

Except I just met this guy. I didn't even know his name! He could kill me, kidnap me, rape me! No stranger just invites a guy to ride with him on his motorcycle.

I walk over and pass him, making my way to the motorcycle. I turn my head and cock a brow. He just stands there and watches me.

"You coming or what? I can't drive remember?" A small grin forms on his face and he makes his way over to me, slipping onto the motorcycle. I hesitate, but get on behind him and wrap my arms around him. I feel warmth on my face, but bury it into his back. It feels... relaxing. My hands pressed against his chest as he breaths. My head buried against his back.

He drove slowly at first, but sped up after getting comfortable. I start to enjoy the breeze against me.

"I'm Logan, by the way." He says at last.

"Brooks." I mumble, smirking into his back.

We arrive at the mall and Logan parks the motorcycle. I hop off and walk towards the entrance, hoping he doesn't follow me.

My hope was quickly lost.

He comes beside me and walks along with me. I roll my eyes and open the door, letting him go inside. We make our way through the crowds. I didn't have a specific place I wanted to go, just away from school.

I spot a book store and walk into it. The fresh smell of books hit me immediately. I like to read. It's calming and relaxes you. You could also just dream about being in the book you read. It always made me feel happy.

Logan suddenly appears beside me and I jump out of my skin.

God, this dude was crazy.

I groan and head over to the romance section, pulling a few books off to look at them.

"I didn't know you like to read."

"You don't even know me personally. How would you know that?" I hiss and place some books back. He just shrugs and follows in my tracks.

I swear this dude was like those annoying bugs you couldn't get rid of. As hard as you tried, they never went away.

I went to the cashier and put the three books I picked out onto the counter. I buy the books and leave the store, heading to the exits. Logan grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Leaving already? We just got here! Plus," He holds up his keys and cocks an eyebrow. I frown at him and hold up my bag.

"Can you.. take me home?" I blurt, looking down.

"Sure. I can do that." He shrugs and takes my hand, leading me outside. I blush a little as his big hand squeezes my small one. We strut back over to the motorcycle and climb on. I give him directions to my house and he takes off.

The ride was silent. The squeaking of the tires against the road was the only sound made. We pull into my driveway and I hop off the motorcycle. I thank him and start to walk away, but Logan catches my hand. I turn towards him and for a second, I thought he was going to kiss me, considering he stared at me for a minute.

"Want to hangout tomorrow?" He blurts out and looks away from me. I grin a little and chuckle.

"Sure. Tomorrow at 7. It's a date?" He stares back at me and blushes a little.

"Yeah.."

I smile in return and turn on my heel, heading towards the door. Logan doesn't leave until I'm inside. I stand in the foyer and watch him pull out of the driveway.

"You're home early." I jump as a familiar voice crawls up the back up my neck. I turn to see Owen staring down at me from the top of the stairs. "Was that your boyfriend planning another date with you?" I scowl and heat makes it's way onto my face. I bury my face in my sleeve and a smirk creeps onto his face.

"N-no.. we just met today. It's our first date tomorrow.. his name is Logan." I snort at him. He makes his way down the stairs and stands in front of me.

Goddamn.. he's fucking tall.

He's probably about a foot taller than me, broad shoulders and biceps. Black, leather jacket, black jeans and a chain which, by the way, just makes him look more intimidating and hazel brown eyes pierce through you.

"Logan drives a 2011, aye? That's cool." He beams and shoves his hands into his pockets. I just stare up at him and look away.

"Yeah. Anyways. Why are you home so early? You skip?" I raise a brow and he laughs.

"No, I got a booboo on the playground and came home early. Yes I skip. I smoke in the foster home I'm living in. Why are you so surprised I skip?" I scowl in response and shake my head, walking past him towards the stairs and to my bedroom. I open the bedroom door and throw my bag onto the floor next to my bed. I sit at my desk and open up my laptop, scrolling through my emails. Disgusting messages for being homosexual, emails from Kylie, more emails from Kylie, missing assignments. I groan and put my head in the palms of my hands. Closing the laptop, I stand up and gather some clothes to take a shower.

The warm water heats up the bathroom as I strip down. I decided to take a bath instead of showering, since I have more time on my hands. I step into the tub and sit down, relaxing my shoulders under the water. My eyes close and the water starts to turn my skin red. Muffled sounds come from downstairs that breaks my peaceful bath time.

I hiss and a knock sounds at the door.

"Fuck off! I'm bathing." The door handle twists, but the lock stops it. My face heats up with embarrassment as it keeps twisting. "Can't you fucking hear?! I said it's occupied!" I snort, closing my eyes and trying to go back to relaxing.

The door soon swings open and I yelp, looking up to see a figure standing over me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yell, soon to realize that figure is my mom.

Well fuck.