Chapter 4 - That's a first

I groan as a figure flicks my forehead. I roll over and hiss, batting their hand away.

"Go away idiot! L-let me.. sleep.." I drift off in mid sentence. The other figure chuckles and hits me in the stomach. My eyes shoot open and I shriek in pain, hugging my stomach. "What the fuck!?" I growl and bury my head into my pillow, not evening want to make eye contact with that.. monster. Mateo just shrugs and pats my back.

"Get the fuck out of bed before I do it again." I stare up at him and he flashes a smile. A smile that gives me chills.

"Fine, but get the fuck out of my room so I can get dressed." I snort.

He makes his way out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I snarl and roll back over, closing my eyes again. Like hell I'm entering that school.

••••

I stand at the school entrance and throw my glance towards my feet, my head falling. Hannah, Aubree, and Mateo all went their separate ways. Hannah hasn't talked to me this morning like she usually does. It made my mood worse honestly. I drag my feet along as Andrew and Owen chatter. I feel people staring at me, but I ignore it. One thing I'm not letting happen is these fucking retards that will become popular take over my life of being an outcast. I strut to my locker and swing it open. Not long after, Kylie squeaks and runs over to me, throwing herself into my arms.

"THANK GOD YOU CAME! I THOUGHT YOU WOULDNT COME" She gives at dramatic eye flutter and pushes herself away from me. She turns to my aid and smiles. "About the new kids."

"No, no, and no." I snapped out a groan and shut my locker. I lean my forehead against it as she cocks a brow.

"Hmmm."

"What?"

"Nothin'." She smirks and I roll my eyes. Nothing is right. I glance around and see Shane walking our way. I wince and grab Kylie's wrist. She looks at me with a confused look, but trails after me. I slide with her into the Janitor's closet. I bump into something (or someone) and turn around to see a broad chest sharing at me in return. I groan and look up to see Mateo's ugly face staring back. Kylie looks at him.

"Holy man. That's a man dude. He is hot. Wow. God, you always run into the good guys Brook-" I clasp my hand over her mouth and snarl, giving her a death stare. She nods as I remove her hand.

"Well well, lookie here. Brooks and his little friend." He smirks and ruffles with my hair, causing me to duck away from him, only to end up hitting my head against his stomach.

"Woah, you know this guy!?"

I shrug. "I guess.. He's one of the roomies living with us. Don't take his looks for his personality though. He's a jerk!" I huff out and shake my head. She giggles.

"Or maybe you just like-" I clasp my hand over her mouth again and gritted my teeth, sounding a 'shut up' through them. She nods quickly and I remove my hand once again. Mateo just chuckled and pinched my side. I wince and scowl. I guess I deserved that. After a while, I peak out the door and open it, pushing Kylie out.

"Thanks for the hiding spot Douche!" I smile. He smiles in return. "No problem Jackass!" I hiss as we turn the corner.

"What the fuck!? You have such a hottie at your plate and you don't even want to get in his pants!? That's a first." She smirks and I blush slightly, looking away.

"Hell no. He's a rude asshole! Plus, I think he might be homophobic." I growl and throw my head down. She just frowns and continues to walk.

We get to first period and sit down next to each other at our table. Thank god I'm the only one in high school still. I don't know what I'd do having to put up with those people all day. Except Andrew is a nice person. The rest of them can fuck themself. Zeus makes his way over to us. Oh right, Zeus. Handsome fucking Zeus that everyone loves and he thinks he's amazing because, well, he's rich, has great grades, a jock, and if biceps could kill, everyone in this damn school would be dead right now. Yet he's a badass druggie that smokes weed in his free time. He's practically the US womanizer. He plops down next to me at our table and smiles at me. I gritted my teeth and smile back harshly.

"Hey Brooks! How are you?"

I chuckle sarcastically. "I'm great Zeus. How are you doing?" He cocks a brow and frowns at the sarcasm. If we weren't in class and his reputation wasn't a huge deal to him, he'd be beating the hell out of my ass for that. Zeus has been bullying me since 7th grade when I first came out. He was my friend then, we would hangout and what not. Now he is my bully and I hate his fucking guts for it.

"I'm doing decently." He mumbles after a few moments and starts drawing on a piece of paper sitting on the table in front of him.

••••

I sit down at the table with Kylie and Hannah. Kylie smiles and waves at me, while Hannah is too busy talking to her friends to notice. That's a first. I'm talking to Kylie about my day, then Andrew, Owen, and Mateo all sit down at the table. They smile at us, or, Andrew does. Owen and Mateo just stare with stone-cold expressions.

"Hey Andrew." I grin and pat the seat next to me. He sits down and starts eating his food.

"This school is amazing! I love it." He says through a mouth full of food. I shrug and continue to eat. We talk and enjoy the rest of lunch before parting to go back to our classes. I walk down the hallway towards my class when a strong grip grabs the back of my shirt. I turn to see Shane glancing down at me, smirking evilly. I shiver a little.

"Let go of me Shane." I growl. He just shakes his head and pushes me against the nearest wall. His knee touches my groin and I tighten my grip on his biceps.

"I-I said..-"

"I know what you said. I'm not letting you go." He snapped. I look away from him, bringing him to push his knee further into my groin. I gasp and loosen my grip on him, placing my head on his shoulder.

"What we had.. it's gone now." I mumble. He didn't seem fazed, but let go anyways and walked away.

He did that a lot.

He harasses me a lot.

Because I left him.

He is possessive. He wouldn't let me have friends, go out without him, do anything. For fuck sakes, I could barely get away with texting Hannah. He was quite scary too. Typical leather jacket, dirty blonde hair, dark green eyes that were cold, but fragile. He was handsome, I had to admit. A true ladies man. Even when he came out as gay and started dating me, he was still hit on by most girls at school. He was on the school's hockey team too. I had to be with him almost all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love hockey, but when it comes to practices, I hate it.

I snap back to reality and walk towards my locker. I had a sudden urge to leave school. I didn't want to go to class, or practice later. I gather my things and head outside. I know my mom and dad are working, but they'd be pissed if they found out I skipped, so I can't go home. I could go to the mall. I shrug and walk out the entrance.

The cold, fresh air hits my body as I cross the parking lot. Sure, skipping is bad, but it's better than facing reality and a pissed ex. I stop in front of Hannah's car.

I'm a fucking idiot.