Chapter 6 - First date

A/N:
Logan ^ 🥺🥺

••••

"Brooks! What the hell were you thinking skipping school!? You have practice later today as well!" My mom yells at me from the kitchen while she starts to make her lunch.

"Mom, I told you! I don't want to go to practice!" I yell back, burying my face in my hands.

Part of me wants to tell her why and the other doesn't.

For one reason.

My parents don't know that I'm gay.

"Is it because Shane is bugging you again? I thought you weren't friends with him anymore? I can call and tell them to stop it if it's a problem." I grunt and push off the table, making my way into the kitchen.

I told my mom about Shane, but just that we were friends. Nothing more.

"Mom, it's fine. I just.. don't want to go today. I'm tired. That's why I came home." I sigh and lean against the counter. She stays quiet, stirring the crockpot and whatever is in it. It hisses at her and she puts the lid on it, turning towards me.

"Alright, Brooky." She gives a small smile, "Tell me if he bothers you anymore." I return a smile and open up the fridge. If Shane was really bugging me that much, all I had to do was crush his huge ass ego, but it was a waste of time. Even the simple words, "What we had is now gone." could get him to go away. I glance around to see my mom gone, so I grab a beer and walk into the living room.

I'm 17, almost 18, mind you. I might not be legal drinking age, but I could easily get away with it.

I pop the top and take a swig of the beverage. The bitter taste hits me and I stick my tongue out.

Gross.

I forgot how bad and bitter beer tasted. It's alright, just not most people's thing. It's good every once in a while, but nothing worth getting addicted to.

I take another swig and put the beer down, turning on the tv. Footsteps and noise can be heard from upstairs, so I turn up to volume. Something shatters and I turn to see my dad walking into the living room. He glances between me and the beer.

You know what I said about getting away with it easily?

I take it back.

"What the hell, boy!?"

Fear rushes into my head and my eyes widen. My dad hit the beer off the table and swings his arm back, just to meet my face. My head flies to the side. The metallic taste of blood comes into my mouth. My dad is a nice guy, but he has.. issues. He doesn't regularly abuse, but sometimes he gets a couple hits in.

Blood rushes down my chin onto my neck. Tears rush into my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away and stand up.

"Boys don't cry." He mumbles, looking at me and spits at my feet.

I run up the stairs, almost tripping, and sprint into my room, slamming the door behind me. I flop onto my bed and hug my pillow, breaking down and sobbing. I hate crying, but sometimes, it's needed. I soon cry myself to sleep.

••••

I'm awoken by ruckus coming from the hallway. I roll out of bed and open the door. Someone slams into me and knocks me over immediately.

Great.

I groan in pain and look up to see Mateo and Aubree arguing in the doorway. I sit up and listen to them.

"Where the fuck did you put them!?"

"I didn't have them Mateo!!"

"Yes you did! I saw you with them!"