Chapter 10 - Mysteries and Scary Movies

I dread walking into school Monday morning. Saturday afternoon, Mateo got out of jail and he wasn't necessarily mad, but he wouldn't talk to anyone.

Especially me.

I'm still not sure why he did what he did. I don't think it was worth landing your ass in jail, but if that's him, that's him.

Now I'm standing in the school parking lot, everyone walking past me and snickering at me.

You would think someone would like all the attention.

I hate it.

Especially when it's for something bad. I enjoy being an outcast. Now I'm just the school's laughing stock. Hopefully something worse comes out and I get my role of outcast back.

On top of that, I still don't know who told everyone that I hooked up with them, but they must be desperate and out of their mind.

I sigh and start walking towards the door. I see Logan standing outside the doors and cock my brow, approaching him.

"Hey. What are you doing here? I never see you around, other than the day that we first met. I just assumed that you went to the college— Woah." I look up at his face and it's all bruised up. He cocks his brow slightly then realizes what I'm staring at, "What happened to you?"

"Bike accident. And yeah, I go to the college." He rubs the back of his neck, "I usually skip." I nod slowly and keep eyeing him. I get a strange feeling in his stomach and shake my head.

"I'm.. gonna head to class now." I look up at him once again and head into the school.

I need to find Kylie.

I walk to her locker to see her standing there, gathering her things.

"Kylie! Hey! How are you-" She cuts me off by slamming her locker door and cocking her brow at me.

"What the hell Brooks!"

"I swear, if it's about this rumor that I slept with someone, it's not true." I shake my head and look at her worriedly, "I don't know who said it. I came to ask you if you knew.." I sigh and shift uncomfortably.

"I don't know, but he isn't in high school. He's part of the college. Doesn't play a sport. Kinda has a low reputation." She mumbles and looks down at me. It sucks when your best friend, female best friend, is 7 inches taller than you.

"Ugh! This is such bullshit! Why would anyone do that? What did I do!" I kick the locker and bang my hand against it. Kylie just bites her lips and shrugs a little, looking at me with a worried expression.

"We'll find out who did it. I promise you that." I nod slowly and sigh. The bell chimes and people scurry to their classes.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I look down and she pats my shoulder, walking past me towards her class. I keep my head low and walk into the bathroom.

I look into the mirror, splashing water into my face. I sigh and dry my face off, walking into a stall and shutting it, sitting on the floor curled up. I close my eyes to drift off, but it's shortly interrupted by a few chuckles and the bathroom door closing.

"Man! Friday night was crazy! Can't believe it went as planned." A deep voice is heard from the outside of the stall. I stay quiet and listen, hoping to find out who said what.

"I know right! It was insane. He got what he deserved." A familiar voice snorts out. I recognize the voice and try to peak over the stall.

"Eh, it was kinda easy to accomplish. He was pretty weak, still got my face busted. I just don't understand why he stood up for Brooks."