Chapter 20: Excuse me

Everyone was happy when Charming killed the dragon to rescue Beauty.

They never knew that the dragon was protecting her from Charming.

"Are you alright?" Daphne who was supporting Jamie could feel the weight on her arm.

Jamie bit his lips. He had been enduring another stabbing attack in his legs. It started as a tingling sensation after he fell on the floor. But now it had spread all over his legs and thighs.

"I be okay." He whispered.

Daphne looked at him worriedly but held her words.

The blondie held her breath when she saw a man in a business attire approach. Judging from the quality of his clothes, he must be rich. The man filled up his suit nicely, as though the outfit was tailored for him. Not only was the gentleman rich, he was handsome too. What's more, he had no ring in his finger.

Beside the woman, the man that held her frowned. He just saw his girlfriend blatantly ogle a man in front of him without any shame. But he could not blame her. The gentleman was an eye candy.

The blondie swooned when the handsome male specimen bent to his knees in front of her. Oh, forget her dorky boyfriend, she would choose this man anytime.

She stepped aside and made a distance between her and her boyfriend. It would be bad if she was associated with a low-class being.

The businessman was enjoying a cup of coffee when a commotion happened.

His attention was interrupted by a vibration on his chest pocket. They must have found out.

Begrudgingly he pulled out the offending device.

"CEO Song?" The voice of a panicked man came through the phone.

"Hmmmm."

CEO Song muttered a few words.

The secretary's voice grew fainter as though the phone was placed away from the speaker. Eventually the phone call was dropped.

The businessman continued to enjoy his coffee. He missed some parts of the show. Too bad.

Eventually he stood up.

The café was quiet as they watched the handsome man bend down. Did he not see that the woman was with her boyfriend? People can be so shameless these days.

"Oh, please you don't have to bother. It's just these kids having no manners." The curvy lady spoke coquettishly as she placed her stray locks behind her ear. Her coat that was covered in green tea and white cream swayed with hermovement.

This man must have been watching her since she entered the café. He must have fallen to her charms but was shy to approach. Now that she was in distress, he could show is gallantry. She could vaguely feel the man's gaze at her while she was confronting the stupid boy.

Her beauty was such that men couldn't help but fall to her feet. Just look at this handsome man kneeling on the floor for her.

She was ready to extend her hand to the man on the floor. She smiled broadly only for it to crack in the following moment.

The handsome man stood up after picking the black umbrella on the floor. He walked to the group of teenagers. He specifically moved to the shortest boy who was being supported by a rather plump girl.

He touched the boy's fidgeting fingers and felt the softness of his pads. He placed the umbrella on Jamie's hand and helped him wrap his dainty fingers around the handle.

Jamie was startled. He slowly tilted his head to look up. A sense of recognition appeared in his eyes. Before Jamie could form the words in his mind, the tall handsome man backed away from Jamie's group and walked towards the woman.

The words that came out of his mouth made the blond woman dumbfounded.

"Excuse me." Although the businessman spoke politely, it sounded more like 'please get out of my way'.

The blondie stood rooted on the spot. He face flushed in embarrassment.

The CEO was getting impatient. He signaled his men to enter. One of them was carrying a paper bag from a department store.

Jamie and his friends watched as the blond woman was handed the paper bag. Confused, she pulled out the thing inside.

It was the exact replica of the blond woman's coat. What was more impressive was the price tag.

Charles sneered. "I knew it. This bitch was totally lying."

Under the scrutiny of everyone Charles showed them the price tag. 

The coat which the woman insisted to have been a limited-edition luxury brand that cost 30,000 dollars was in fact 299 dollars!

"Shameless! Utterly shameless! For a cheap piece of clothing she dares extort money from kids." The old woman with white hair was appalled.

"Shut up!" The blond woman screamed.

At that moment the manager had already called the security guards from the mall. They carried the unruly woman away whether she was kicking and screaming. The woman's boyfriend could only bow his head in shame. He felt so unlucky in love. 

Jamie wanted to thank the CEO. But the business man had already left after the shoppingbag was handed by his guards.

Jamie spoke to the manager and apologized for the commotion. But the manager saw everything and told them it wasn't their fault.

In the province nearby, the police just came out of Elisa's house.