Chapter 23: FOR THE ONES WE LOVE

Respect is love.

Charles removed his make up and took a bath as soon as they reached his apartment. He came out of the bedroom wearing a simple white shirt topped with a knitted grey sweater. A comfortable pair of black jogging pants warmed his cold legs. It was a bit chilly around this time of the year. It will get even colder in the next few months. He saw Bentley whose eyes were closed as he laid on the couch. Charles took the opportunity to cuddle up to his ripped boyfriend.

Bentley's nap was interrupted when he felt a weight on his chest. When he opened his eyes, he was met with pink hair that was dripping on his shirt.

"Argh! Bunny do you want to get sick? Get up and wipe your hair." Bentley pushed Charles aside.

But Charles grumbled and clung to him. "I want cuddles. It's cold."

"It's cold because your hair is still wet. Stay here. I'm going to get the blow dryer." Bentley sat up and peeled Charles' hands easily off his thick biceps.

Charles had no choice but to wait for his boyfriend to come back.

Soon, he felt warmth on his head as Bentley dried his hair. The humming of the machine stopped. Charles turned around and gave Bentley a peck on his lips.

"Thank you for taking care of me my big bear." Charles smiled.

"Anything for you, bunny." Bentley pinched his boyfriend's cheeks.

They had been together since they were 16 years old. At 19, their relationship was still going strong.

Bentley met Charles when they were in senior high. Charles was the new kid in school and was a flaming homosexual. This did not go well with the other kids and the teachers. Charles became a target for bullies. Despite Charles fighting back, he was no match for them with his lanky build. Bentley came to his rescue. They became inseparable ever since.

After turning 18, they moved in together and transferred to another city. Bentley took Engineering while Charles followed his heart and studied cosmetology.

Charles stood up and walked to the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator to see what they currently had. Suddenly he felt a bulge press against his butt. Bentley's arms wrapped around his small waist. "What do you want to eat?"

"You," came a sultry voice beside his ears.

Charles felt his face heat up. "Fri- Fried chicken it is."

He pulled away from Bentley's embrace. He may be called a flaming homosexual but he was not flaming in the bedroom.

He pulled the frozen chicken and thawed it on the microwave.

It wasn't that he did not want to be intimate with Bentley. He was just scared. Bentley's girth was a no joking matter. This was one of the reasons why until now they still haven't gone all the way. Charles did use his hands and gave blowjobs to please his partner and to ease his own guilt.

Sometimes he thought that Bentley was frustrated with him. Any male would feel that way if they were unable to go for the home run after three years. But surprisingly, Bentley never complained. Charles never forced him neither did he show dissatisfaction. This added to Charles' guilt. But at the same time this affirmed his love for Bentley. Bentley was the person who truly respected him and made him feel accepted. How you respect your partner is one way of showing your love. This is what he learned in his relationship with Bentley.

While Charles did the cooking, Bentley took a bath.

Bentley enjoyed their meal and volunteered to do the dishes. Charles took the opportunity to prepare himself in the bathroom.