Help arrives, but the nightmares begins

Things started to sound weird and objects began to blur. I tried so hard to stay awake, but before I faded into black I but a little smile on my face when I heard these words

Police! Everyone Stop!

_____

Jill POV

As soon I heard Dawn's phone ringing, I knew what I had to do. Pressed the dial on my phone and waited for them to pick up.

Police: 911 what's your emergency?

Jill: Yes I need police down here as soon as possible.

Police: Okay what seems to be the problem?

Jill: I am a head coach for a women soccer team. Some of my players have helped another teammate pack up her stuff from her and her ex-boyfriends home and he has come home and he is now yelling to which I can hear him from outside and he has a history of assault and I think he may be assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

Police: Okay we are having a couple of cars coming out there right now. Do you believe there may need to be an ambulance? And what is the address?

Jill: Yes I think there needs to be an ambulance just in case. And the address is 758 Foster Cane Drive.

Police: Okay thank you the police should be there within 2 minutes and the ambulance should be arriving soon after that.

Jill: Okay thank you so much.

As soon as I got off the phone, I could see the police lights in the distance. I took a glance at Dawn and we both have the same expression on our faces 'thank god they are here; I just hope everyone is okay.'

____

Hope's Pov

As I was going towards Becky, I could not stand to see him with the piece of glass in his hand. I screamed "stop it" which might have been a bad idea. As soon as I said it her threw 3 more slashes against her arm and back.

I went to grab him and pull him back all I could see was Becky wincing in pain from the grip he had on her head. I knew every time I tried to pull him back that she was coming with. And that is when I saw it. That is when the shard of glass that had been sitting in Nick's hand go straight into Becky's leg.

All I could do was watch and panic as it happened, and that is when I saw Abby coming to help me. She helped me grab him and we managed to get his hand off Becky's hair. When it happened I didn't expect Becky to just fall, and as soon as she landed and heard her scream.

All I could hope for was for the police to hurry up and get here.

And that is when I heard it. The live saving crash of the door opening and the yelling of Police! Everyone stop!

All I could do was breathe a sigh of relief as Nick struggled in mine and Abby's grip. As soon the police observed the situation, they got Nick out of our grips and into handcuffs and as soon as he was out of my hands my next big concern was Becky.

I ran to her and moved some of the glass out of the way. I shake her lightly "hey Becky you just got to stay awake for a little longer. Come on let me see those eyes."

She slowly opened her eyes a little bit. All I could do was smile. "There they are. The paramedics should be in her in a moment, but he is gone. The police have Nick. You have nothing to worry about anymore."

At that moment she started crying. Just waves of sobs coming over her.

I moved softly next to her and she laid her head on my shoulder. I softly ran my hands over her hair making sure not to hurt her already tender head.

I looked up and saw the girls with her bags staring back at us. I gave them a faint smile letting them know everything was going to be okay. But in all honesty, I did not know how it was going to be. I think this night had traumatized us in all different ways and degrees.

As they exited the doors the paramedics came in.

I shook Becky lightly again. She looked up at me.

"the paramedics are here. They are going to help you okay?"

All she did again was cry. In between her sobs I could faintly hear, "I want you and Christie"

All I could do was hold back tears. The once big and strong center backs is broken to a million little pieces.

"Do you want Christie and I to ride with you to the hospital?" I asked softly.

She nodded her head yes.

I rubbed her head lightly, "Okay well I have to get up and go get her is that alright?" I asked again.

Once again, she nodded her head yes. So, I slowly got up and made sure she was okay with the paramedics before I went outside where the rest of the is.

­____

Once outside I looked at all my former teammates and saw that some of them had been crying including Jill.

I walked up to them and Alyssa was the first to ask, "How is she doing?"

I smiled sadly at her and said, "she is doing as well as she can at this moment. She is in and out of consciousness probably because of how tightly Nick was choking her and also with some broken glass in her skin."

I gave Alyssa a hug. I knew she was hurting, and I knew she wished that she could help Becky.

I looked up around the group again and gained a lot of their attention. "She is doing alright. But she is broken, and I think she is close to rock bottom. The reason I say she isn't at rock bottom is because I know Becky, maybe not as much as some of you but I know her and I know what it is like to be in her position and I know for the next couple weeks, months, hell maybe even a year but I know she has a little more to go to rock bottom and we are all just going to have to be there for her when she does."

As I finished I walked over to Christie who looks like she is trying to handle it the best she can. I gave her a small smile. "She wants us to ride with her in the ambulance. I am thinking she wants a protective guard and a motherly touch with her so she doesn't have to be alone. She is terrified. I don't even think she wanted me to leave her when she asked for you to go. She is so broken.."

Christie gave me a small smile and wrapped me into a hug. "I know everything is crazy right now." She started off slowly. "I know this night is going to give us nightmares for a while, but we have to be strong for her. She has to know that we have her back. She can't see how broken we are at the moment because it will make her feel even more guilty than she already feels. We are going to have to protect her, and just be the best we can be because I know she is going to find anything and everything when she gets out of the hospital to make herself feel numb. We just have to be there and be ready for what is coming for us."

When we parted we saw that she was coming out on a stretcher and getting loaded into the ambulance. Christie and I got in after and sat on each side of her and grabbed onto her hands. I saw Christie slowly run her hands across Becky's hair and lean down and whisper something to Becky with tears in her eyes.

All I could think about was the thing Christie had said earlier.

"I know this night is going to give us nightmares for a while."

And that's when I knew Becky's screams were going to be mine... 

Hey guys! I know it has been awhile but I hope that this chapter made up for it. Tell me what yall think about it