Chapter Sixteen

We enter through the sliding doors and the outside does not do the inside justice. Not only is it gorgeous in here, but it is huge! I walk towards the large screen that has all of the mall information, including a directory. We want to get what we need and get out as fast as we can.

The first place I look for is a phone store and see that there is one close to where we are. "There is a Telus store right around this corner. I will get a phone from there, as I have an account with them from when I was with Shalay. We can go to La Senza which is right beside it and then from there, go to the department store near the east exit. I was thinking that while we are paying for the items, Benny or Mac can go get the SUV and bring it to that exit so we don't have to walk through the mall with so many bags in our hands. What do you guys think?"

I turn around to spot Clover, Donny and Brianna staring at me with pride in their eyes. "What? Why are you all looking at me like that?"

"That is the perfect plan Luna! I guess we only need you here for the muscle, huh pops?" Brianna's smart mouth makes her mother and I chuckle, while Donny mockingly narrows his eyes at her.

"Great idea, Luna Gia. While you girls are in the phone and lingerie store, Benny, Mac and I will be right outside, keeping an eye on our surroundings. Before you guys leave Telus, I want you to put our numbers in your phone. You can get Bennys, Macs and mine from my old lady." With a nod in the direction we need to go, Clover and Brianna loop their arms through mine and start to walk towards our destination.

We make it to the store within a few minutes and walk right up to one of the sales associates that is the first to greet us. "Good morning, what can I help you with today?"

I speak up as Clover and Bri walk around, engaging with another associate. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Donny leaning against the outer wall on his phone. I can't see Benny or Mac, but I know they are close. "Hi, I need to get a new phone. I lost my old one while traveling but I would like to keep my old number."

With a nod of her head, she starts to walk to a desk to our left. "If you would follow me please, we can get you set up and out of here within twenty minutes."

I nod in approval and follow her to her desk. Looking behind me, I see that Bri and Clover are now apparently shopping for phone cases, Donny has moved to a bench right outside of the store, pretending to read a newspaper and I can see the back of Mac's head on the other side of the little island behind Donny. I can't see Benny, but I'm assuming he is to Donny's left as I cannot see in that direction.

Fifteen minutes later, with my new phone in hand, I make my way to where Bri and Clover are standing at the exit as they appear to be texting on their phones. I clear my throat to get their attention and Bri startles, making me chuckle. "Okay, I got a phone so what are the numbers that I need to save?"

Clover narrows her eyes at her daughter and I understand why. She knows to be alert and aware at all times and anyone could have snuck up behind her while she was on her phone. Bri looks sheepishly at the floor and mumbles quietly to her mother, "sorry mum. It won't happen again."

"It better not Brianna. You need to be more aware of your surroundings when in crowded places, you know this." With that warning out of the way, Clover takes my phone and enters everyone's numbers before handing it back to me. I put Edric's number in the contact list and put it on the inside of my jacket.

I grab both of their hands, start swinging them as if we are just regular shoppers and head off to the lingerie store. I notice a female and male that were sitting on a bench near Donny, stand up and slowly walk the same way we are. I don't say a word to anyone because the two have yet to do anything to make the others aware of their presence. There is no other scent of anything other than extremely strong colognes, perfumes and body odors, causing my wolf to gag and sneeze at the intense smells.