Chapter Twenty-two

I am currently standing in front of the mirror in the bedroom wearing the short dress I bought the other day with black fuck me pumps that Iris let me borrow for the night. I have a lacy black bra on, sans panties as I don’t want the panty lines to show and it might also be to tease Edric a little bit... Just a little.

Releasing a deep breath, I turn and leave the room with my chin held high and back straight. This is my first date ever, and even though Edric and I have been sleeping beside each other every night, the man has eaten me out and our wolves have officially been let out to play, my nerves are a jittery mess.

Stopping at the top of the stairs, my breath catches in my throat at the male standing at the bottom waiting for us. Holy fuck, my mate is a fine specimen of man. My wolf growls lustfully at our male as he stands there, looking at us with his desperate need shown clearly on his features. His tight black jeans accentuate his muscular thighs and bulged package, which my eyes have a hard time at looking away from, causing my thighs to clench. Fucking hell I’m in trouble. Edric’s low growl startles me out of my trance and snapping lustful orbs up to his.

“Woman, get your sexy ass down here. The longer we stay here, the harder it is going to be for me to keep my hands off of you and then I will take you into that room and do things to you that will have you never wanting to leave the damn bed.” Edric expresses with an impatient growl.

I close my eyes on a whimper and nod my head once. Slowly breathing out, I open my eyes and stare into Edric’s gorgeous green eyes as I shakily make my way down the stairs. Edric has his leather MC jacket on with his hair slicked back and it makes him so much more alluring. Upon reaching the last step, he holds his arm out for me to take as he checks out my body, his chest rumbling approvingly.

He pulls my flushed body right up to his and whispers seductively in my ear, “you look beautiful Gia. I cannot wait to show you off tonight. Now, let’s get out of here before I end up ripping the heads off of my brothers for even glancing at you in this sexy as fuck dress.”

Before I can utter a single word, he is leading me to the front door. I didn’t even notice all of the completely silent bodies in the lounge, watching the scene play out in front of them until Mac whistles and whoops, encouraging everyone else to do the same. I smile as I wink at him, causing the males to erupt in laughter. We leave the clubhouse as everyone starts to get loud and rowdy as music can be heard behind the closed door, making me giggle and shake my head in fascination.

Edric opens the passenger side door to a shiny big black truck and with a hand on my hip, I raise an eyebrow at him, “and how exactly do you expect me to get up there in this dress?”

He smirks as he winks at me and says, “like this,” as he grabs me by my hips and lifts me high enough to where my crotch is level with his nose. Inhaling deeply, he growls and puts me in the passenger seat before he gently shuts the door and jogs over to the driver side, getting in and starting the truck. For twenty minutes, Edric and I make small talk about what our childhood was like and embarrassing moments that happened in high school.

I tell him about the adventures I have had with Shalay and Milan, about who they are and how I really need to get in contact with them. He ensures me that whenever I am ready and it is safe, I can give her a call. He needs to make sure she isn’t still at Sterling’s and the bastard doesn’t have anyone watching her. We reach a restaurant called Il Lupo Ardente (The Blazing Wolf) and Edric finds a spot near the front. He shuts the machine off, jumps out to come to my side and lifts me out of the truck. Grabbing my hand, he leads me to the restaurant with a little bounce in his step, which is fucking adorable on a male of his stature.

As we stand and wait for the hostess, I look around and notice how warm and inviting this place is. The walls are a beige with different red designs all throughout the large space. The lights are lowered and give the restaurant a romantic feeling, making it feel like it is the perfect spot for someone to bring their loved one.