Chapter Thirty

"I know she knows something  but she has been pretty good at keeping her emotions in check lately, and even though I don't want her to be the one who is leaking information, my wolf and I have a feeling that she is." Edric states with sorrow in his tone.

I know he feels nothing toward her romantically but she is still a pack member, one that he promised to take care of when her brother and father died. As an Alpha, the last thing you want to do is lose a wolf to deception and as a president of an MC, betrayal is the worst thing to do and it would only end up in death for the member who went against the club. They won't risk said person to live when they know the ins and outs of how the club is run.

"I'm going to act more concerned about her as a Luna so she thinks I have turned a new leaf and I'm letting bygones be bygones. She told me about a human she meets at night, so I want to see if he is actually human or if it's all a lie and it is one of Sterlings men. My wolf feels like she is biding her time and has something planned or is at least part of a bigger one." I release an exhausted sigh at the thought of Sterling. That male is fucking ridiculous.

"With everyone keeping an ear out for any information already, we need to play our hand right if we want to make sure she doesn't catch on to anything. You know the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. When we go in there, we will be caring and concerned for her health and well-being rather than suspicious. We need her to think we are oblivious to her bullshit act."

Donny and Edric smirk in unison, getting a questionable eyebrow raise from me in response. Edric chuckles and squeezes my stomach to pull me closer to him on the chair and as I wiggle to get comfortable, he groans. The reason why makes itself noticeable seconds later. I chuckle at the fact there is nothing he can do about it and Donny's laugh makes me aware that he knows as well.

Ignoring Edric's hard on takes a lot of willpower and my wolf doesn't make it easy when her horny ass is waving her tail in the air, surrendering to her male. There hasn't been a day that has gone by where she didn't make it known how much she was wanting our wolfy. A rumble from his chest is heard before he speaks in a gravelly voice, "Alright. We can do that. I will have Ink keep an eye on her at night and I have doubled up on patrol around the territory. All of the women and children will have at least one brother with them at all times and will travel in groups of three just to be safe. You, Gia, will have either Mac, Benny or myself with you whenever you go anywhere outside of the clubhouse. I will not put your life at risk again, not for anything."

I nod my head in silent agreement. This is one thing I will not fight him on as it is for my safety and his sanity. Edric pats my thigh to stand up as Donny gets out of the chair and starts heading for the door.

He clears his throat as he grabs my hand and leads me to go see Valerie. "Let's go see her and get this over with. We all have to pretend we don't suspect her at all. We need Valerie to think we are not wary of her actions so she fucks up and we can prove that she has some involvement in this. I hope for her sake she doesn't because eliminating a pack member is not something I want to do as an Alpha."

He lets out a tired sigh and closes the office door behind him, locking it and leading me to the infirmary. Donny heads in the other direction after tilting his chin in acknowledgment, letting us know that he will make sure things are in order when it comes to the higher ranked pack members knowing what's going on.

A few minutes later, we walk into the room where Valerie is staying and I am completely floored by how bruised she is. The bruises are fading, but her skin is still green from healing. Her arm and leg is in a cast and her eyebrow, lip, cheek and chin all have cuts on them. I cover my open mouth in astonishment as she slowly turns her head our way and I notice the gash along her jawline. We are still frozen to the spot by the front door.