19

October 20, 2018

Joshua's POV

"I'll see you next Friday," I spoke as I walked away from the corner, crossed the street and headed to my car. "Nah you know what. Fuck that!" I heard him shout, I turned around and he had his gun pointed in my direction and he started shooting nonstop. I got hit 3 times, I collapsed on the ground, I felt my body get cold then I didn't feel anymore..

Katherine's POV

I finally made it home from CVS, Josh wasn't home still so I just went to the bathroom and peed on the stick.

I waited the amount of time it told me to wait, the first one had two lines. Then I did it again to make sure. Time went by and it said the same thing.

I was so excited, I can't believe I'm already pregnant and its crazy because Melina just called me out on being next and shit. I can't wait to tell Josh, he's gonna be so exited. I grabbed my phone and noticed that I got 10 missed calls from Melina, and a lot more from Bree and Kaylee, I called Melina back to see what was going on.

"Hey boo, I got great news, but what I want to know is what's the problem?" I spoke, then my end of the call got silent and all I heard was Sammy yelling in the back. "Sammy chill out!" Melina shouted, she sounded like she was crying. "AhMelina Destiny Rosa, what's wrong?" I asked. "Its Joshua," she cried. "FUCK! I know exactly who did this shit!" Sammy yelled in the back.

"What do you mean? What happened with Joshua!" I shouted. "Baby he got shot, I'm so sorry boo," she cried, after she said that the world stopped and I dropped my phone.

After hearing what Melina just told me, I was sitting on the bathroom floor crying for 2 hours. I heard noises coming from the front, but I ignored it. "Kathy!" Melina called out, I continued to cry and ignored her. She opened the bathroom door, she saw the pregnancy test box on the sink top with both sticks next to them, then saw broken me sitting on the floor.

"The cops called his grandma and mom, they told us that he in the hospital fighting. I need you to get up so we can go," she explained and I did as told and left the house with them to the hospital.

1 hour later

We made it to the hospital, I walked in and I saw his mom and grandma sitting to the side and I ran over towards them and gave them a hug. "Hows Josh?" I asked. "He's fighting baby, he's fighting," his grandma responded.

We waited in the waiting room for 3 hours and a doctor finally walked out. "Watkins family," he spoke. We all jumped up and walked over towards him to hear what's going on.

"I'm so sorry, but Joshua Watkins didn't make it. He's in room 292 if you want to go and see him, before we unhook the cords," the doctor spoke. Mama Watkins fell to the floor crying, Samuel walked over and held onto her.

Samuel helped pick her back up and we all walked to the room where Joshua was in. His mom was hovering over his body crying, I was crying playing in his hair. His grandma was crying and speaking tongue. Melina held onto Samuel the whole time.

I looked at Joshua's lifeless body, then I looked at his face. "I can't believe this is happening, I thought I was going to see you when I get home so we can get the news together," I spoke and his mom looked up at me. "I just found out and I wanna tell you that I am pregnant with out baby, I will share everything with our child about you and how good of a man you are but also how stubborn you are," I giggled a little.

"You're pregnant?" Mama Melton asked and I nodded yes. "Omg," she said as she came over towards me and gave me a hug. "We will always be here to help whenever you need it," she stated. "Thank you," I spoke as I hugged her back. Then she turned her attention back to Joshua and she kissed him on the forehead. "I love you so much my son, always," she stated.

"You know you can stay over as long as you can, I know it will be tough to live alone," his grandma stated and I nodded. "Thank you," I replied. "Oh don't thank me, you were always family to us, we love you like our own," she added and I smiled. Then I looked over at Joshua one last time. "I'm gonna go and speak with the doctor," Samuel said as he got up, "wait just one minute," granny spoke. "Don't harass them people about who killed J, just go on and deal with this right now. Its already going to be a tough month," granny stated and Samuel nodded. "Don't worry I got this," he stated as he walked over towards her and gave her a hug. He held onto her for a while then he started crying.

One of the doctors walked in and we all got up and left the room.