Monday 3-Jerome's mission

The sound of the alarm clock wakes me up as usual. I don't want to go, of course but I know that mum will make me. I drag myself into my favourite blue shirt and red skirt. Putting my ginger hair into a plait down my back, I walk with mum down the street not speaking. She tries to engage me in conversation but I'm to frustrated and to scared to care, the school is dangerous but no one believes me when I tell them. When we arrive, I hug her. Hopefully, I get to see her again. Sighing, I look down... and step into kindergarten

I am one of the last to arrive, as usual. Lilly is in the corner sniffling about Billy while Cindy is plotting something, probably trying to put gum in her hair again. Nugget is staring at a wall muttering to himself Jerome and Monty are talking and I can see a YoYo in Monty's pocket. The janitor is mopping the sidewalk, for some reason that I dare not ask, and Miss Applegate is guarding the door. I sit between Nugget and Lilly as I always do.

As Jerome and Monty separate, a boy walks in. He's wearing a blue striped shirt and looks confident. He strides over to Monty and I see him buy a couple things from him. He then attempts to talk to Jerome who shakes him off. He then approaches me. "Hi" he says
"You're new here, aren't you?" He nods "well... word of advice, be careful who you talk to... who you trust. Bad things happen here, but it's your first day, you wouldn't understand"
"I know what you mean" he says
I laugh in spite of myself, "that's what they all said but... well you'll see" he walks away looking slightly annoyed. The bell rings and we all file into class.

Me and Lilly glance at each other as the new boy walks in. He walks over to Jerome and tries to talk to him again. Jerome ignores him until he flashes the YoYo I saw in Monty's pocket. Jerome looks upset but his anger soon turns to a crafty look as he whispers to the kid. I catch the words "laser pointer..." and guess what they're talking about. I overheard Jerome complaining to Monty about his laser pointer being taken away. The boy walks over to the door as Jerome distracts the teacher. Just before lunch he returns looking pleased with himself. Jerome runs up to him. "Did you get th...". The bell rings and interrupts them. "Meet me at lunch" Jerome mutters.

The boy and Jerome talk for a bit at lunch before the Janitor bursts through the door Lilly was about to go through. He ignores her and she slips out, unnoticed by most. The janitor strides into the middle of the hall as I see the new boy dump something, probably the laser pointer, in the bin. The janitor searches all of us but finds nothing, livid he marches over to Jerome and is about to impale him when the lunch lady tells him to take the rubbish out. He tells her he'll take it to the bathroom. She rolls her eyes but gets back to slopping slop. He drags out the bags and I see Jerome and the boy glance at each other. The boy leaves after talking to the lunch lady. I follow him but before I can get into the bathroom, I see Lilly staring at the principal's door. I pull her away. "What do you think you're doing!?!" I hiss at her. "If he finds you he... he'll" but before I can finish Lilly pulls her arm away from mine and stalks into the playground as the bell rings. I know I've made her mad but if it saves her life, then so be it. Still, I sniffle as I follow her.

I sit alone in the playground, next to the slide. I am still sniffling. Suddenly, Monty pulls the new kid over and hands him a device... a device I recognise. I immediately dash away from them. 'They are going to get themselves killed' I think. Lilly stalks away as I sprint over, away from the lunatics by the slide. They sneak up behind the janitor, it's not like I don't believe he has it coming (karma sucks). But I don't think he really deserves it. Monty calls out to Jerome. Who sprints into the sandbox. Janitor parts go flying everywhere and one lands right next to me, splattering me in blood. I yell, disgusted but the teacher just brings us inside.

Lilly sits as far away as she can from me in show and tell. I sigh sadly and walk out, barley noticing the blood or Jerome taking the new kid aside to talk. Mum seems worried when I come home but I go upstairs to wash. I then go into my room to cry. I know I should be happy I survived, but in the process I lost my only friend. I wish I could repeat today, do it all again.