Monday 6-Monty's mission

The sound of the alarm clock wakes me up as usual. I don't want to go, of course but I know that mum will make me. I drag myself into my favourite blue shirt and red skirt. Putting my ginger hair into a plait down my back, I walk with mum down the street not speaking. She tries to engage me in conversation but I'm to frustrated and to scared to care, the school is dangerous but no one believes me when I tell them. When we arrive, I hug her. Hopefully, I get to see her again. Sighing, I look down... and step into kindergarten

I am one of the last to arrive, as usual. Lilly is in the corner sniffling about Billy while Cindy is plotting something, probably trying to put gum in her hair again. Nugget is staring at a wall muttering to himself Jerome and Monty are talking and I can see a YoYo in Monty's pocket. The janitor is mopping the sidewalk, for some reason that I dare not ask, and Miss Applegate is guarding the door. I sit between Nugget and Lilly as I always do.

As Jerome and Monty separate, a boy walks in. He's wearing a blue striped shirt and looks ready but weary. He approaches Monty immediately and hands him something Monty looks shocked and tells him something, the boy looks slightly angry but nods. He then hands Monty some money and Monty hands something back. The boy then approaches Nugget. I smile, but when I overhear what they're talking about, my smile drops. Billy. They're talking about Billy. I grimace looking at Lilly, she is frozen, she has clearly overheard the conversation as well. Nugget becomes so upset that he takes a pill. I glance at Lilly again and cross my eyes she chuckles emptily, still shocked about Billy. Nugget starts talking normally, his eyes glaze over and he threatens to send the new boy to the principle's office. After the boy leaves, Nugget approaches Lilly and starts threatening and blackmailing her to take a pill, to forget about Billy. Eventually, Lilly caves. I see her eyes glaze and run over. I hear Nugget saying. "Do you feel sad about Billy anymore?" Lilly looks confused
"Who-who's Billy?" Nugget laughs and walks away. I run up to Lilly as the bell rings and help her inside.

The boy returns and the teacher talks to him. I see her handing over money. The boy then approaches Monty. Who accepts ting something happily and hands over quite a lot of money. The boy then walked over and sneaks money out of Monty's cubbyhole. The boy then approaches Jerome and shows him a YoYo. Jerome seems angry sat first but then his face turns crafty, he talks they boy into helping him. As the boy leaves, I hear a groan from beside me. Lilly is back. Before she can say anything, I tell her "Pills." She sighs angrily and puts her head on the desk. I pat her sympathetically and tell her that there's a new kid. "He seems quite smart" I say, she nods as the bell rings and the boy sprints back in looking flustered. Jerome tries to get through to him as we're walking but the kid avoids him.

At lunch Jerome beckons the new boy who reluctantly approaches. Jerome seems angry and starts yelling at the boy but, in the end, he lets the boy go. Lilly leaves as the boy approaches Monty. Monty looks impressed at the boy. I stay where I am, I don't trust Nugget to be clear if the pills yet. I finish my lunch and sit watching. The boy is sitting on the other end of the table, opposite Monty. All of a sudden, Buggs pulls back his spoon and hits Nugget on the head. He flinches. I sigh in relief, Nugget is back. Before I can talk to him, I hear the sound of the bell. The boy looks proud but then panicked as we leave the hall.

The boy looks around in a panic, I sit beneath the statue with Lilly, reading. He approaches Monty before hesitating and then he walks away. After a while of watching him, I am curious. I ask him what he's doing. "I don't have anything for show and tell!" The boy says in a panic. I glance around before showing him a Monstermon Card. "Show this," I whisper. He looks at me and smiles, "thanks!"
"I just don't want anyone to die" I say sadly. The bell rings. We all congregate inside the classroom for Show and Tell

The boy shows my card at Show and Tell smiling gratefully. I remember that the only thing I have to show is my lunch, so I do. Miss Applegate doesn't seem impressed but at least I showed something. The boy and Monty stay back after school. On the way home, I realised that it wasn't a bad day. Even though there where no deaths, I feel bad for Nugget and Lilly. I wish they didn't have to take those pills.