6. 🍯

A few days later....

Alani

"So umm...." Marcus said staring at me.

We were currently sitting in his car not speaking.

I texted him and asked him to come get me so I could talk to him.

I tried calling him over the past couple of days but he wouldn't answer.

He finally answered today and we were sitting in front of my house.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Marcus said sighing. He looked upset. I mean he did have reason.

"Listen. I'm sure you heard me on the phone the other day. And I know you knew what was happening. I'm not going to lie to you because you don't deserve that. You've done so much for me and made me so happy in such little time. I made a mistake and now you probably don't even want to speak to me again." I said looking down at my hands.

Before I could speak again he said something.

"Just answer this." He said.

I looked up at him. I could tell he was hurt.

"Was it Darius? The one from our school?" He asked me.

I slowly nodded feeling way more guilty.

"Damn. I know you guys used to be really close friends but I didn't think y'all got down like that." He said shaking his head.

"We really don't. I mean we had one small encounter freshman year but after that we never spoke again. That is until recently. We were partners for a project and we just... hooked up. It was totally random and it was before me and you kissed. He didn't talk to me after so I just figured it was a one time thing but he just showed up randomly that one day after school and it just happened." I said getting upset.

I really did that to him.

"I never meant to hurt you. I really do like you. I just don't know how I feel about Darius." I said starting to tear up.

"Hey don't cry it's okay. I get it. I mean we're young and horny. Plus me and you aren't together. You can do whatever you want. Yeah it hurt but it's cool. I haven't been exactly loyal to you either. I like you a lot too. I want to make this work." He said with his hand on my thigh.

I like when he does that. It makes me feel safe.

"I want to make this work too." I said looking into his eyes.

"Then let's try. From now on no more secrets. No more other people. Just you and me. Okay?" He said with a smile.

"Okay." I said as he leaned in to kiss me.

"You want to go get something to eat?" He said turning on his car.

I nodded my head and he drove off.

He's so sweet. I hate that I did that to him.

——————

We pulled into the parking lot of McDonalds.

We made conversation during the drive and ate our food in comfortable silence. We finished our food and we're just sitting there.

"I have a question." Marcus speaks up.

"Ask away." I say.

"Why did you answer the call if you knew you were.... busy?" He asked looking at me.

I didn't really know what to say. I mean should I really tell him I answered him because Darius told me too?

"I accidentally pressed answer instead of decline." I lied right in his face.

"I didn't mean for you to hear that." I said.

"It's cool. I mean I was a little upset but now I don't have to worry about him." He said grabbing my hand.

"Right?" He questioned.

He doesn't have to worry about Darius. At least I hope not.

"Right. This is going to work. I want it too." I said smiling at him.

He kissed my hand then my cheek.

He started the car and drove me home.

Fuck Darius. I like Marcus.

I want Marcus.

But am I really over Darius?