20

1 MONTH LATER

Brooklyn stood infront of the mirror as she looked at her outfit.

She took a two weeks leave from work and she was preparing to hand in her resignation to Taehyung.

"Wow" Mina awed from the door. "You look amazing and you're like glowing"

Brooklyn chuckled. "Its been so nice of you for allowing us to stay here but by tommorow I'll be out of your hair"

Mina groaned. "So soon? I like you guys here" she pouted. "Didn't know how empty this place was until you and Chi came in"

Brooklyn smiled as she went to hug her. "Thank you, you're the best girl ever"

Mina gagged. "Of course I am"

"Promise you'll help me get rid of some of my clothes, I want this apartment to be fresh"

"Why didn't you just buy a house ? It'll be better"

Brooklyn agreed. "Yeah but I don't want a house right now"

Mina nodded. "Are you really leaving the Kim Enterprise?" She asked, her voice low.

Brooklyn grabbed the brown envelope from her desk. "Yeah, I think its for the best. The only reason I was there was because of a contract but the contract was up yesterday "

"Did you tell Taehyung?"

Brooklyn eyed her. "I'll deliver it personally, plus I do have to talk to him "

Mina sighed as she pressed her lips into a thin line. "Okay, just promise me you'll come to visit"

Brooklyn laughed. "You're acting like I'm moving"

"But you are planning to, to go back to the states"

Brooklyn gave her a small smile. "I'll see you tonight" she up and left

■□■□■□■□■

Brooklyn arrived to work to see a big welcome back banner by her co-workers.

"Oh gosh!" She chuckled. "Wow, thank you guys " she was touched.

"I hope you're better now " Jiwon approached her with a cake.

Brooklyn looked down at the cake and it was a picture of her

"I thought most of you guys hated me"

A few of them laughed.

She greeted everyone and she almost felt emotional as she prepared to face Taehyung.

She waved at the secretary as she headed inside.

"Good morning" she greeted him with a small smile.

Taehyung actually looked surprised to see her.

"Hey" he smiled.

Brooklyn smiled as she took a seat infront of him.

"What brings you here?" He asked while leaning back into his chair.

Brooklyn placed the envelope on his desk as he watched it.

"What's this?" He reached over for it.