22

Brooklyn tossed and turned and when she couldn't anymore she opened her eyes.

Brooklyn sighed as she turned to the empty spot beside her.

She still hasn't gotten comfortable with the fact that she was now single again.

Pulling her sheets off she sat up as she stared at her door.

It's been three months and the loneliness was beginning to eat at her.

Brooklyn got out of bed as she headed to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Taking a sip she looked through the window and down at the empty street.

"Fuck" she whispered.

■□■□■□■□■□

Chi had left for school as Brooklyn grabbed her purse to head off to work.

Parking she got out the car to be met with Taehyung.

"Was told this is your regular spot "

Brooklyn knitted her brows as she looked at him in confusion.

"What are you doing here?" She nervously chuckled.

"You've been here for like three weeks just checking up"

"I saw you this morning" she stared at him blankly. "When you picked your son up"

Taehyung shrugged as she placed his hands into his suit pocket

"Just wanted to make sure they are treating you nice here and from what my friend Baekyung has told me I believe he fancies you " he winked.

Brooklyn scoffed as she pushed past him.

"You're going to make me late"

Taehyung followed behind. "You look rather scrumptious, who's the lucky man?"

Brooklyn shook her head as she pressed the elevator.

"It's called the breakup glow"

Taehyung pursed his lips. "It looks good on you but a relationship would look better"

"Taehyung I don't wa-"

"Not me!" He cut her off quickly. "With my friend Baekyung. He's a really good guy"

Brooklyn snickered as she got on the elevator.

"So you don't want me no more?" She asked jokingly.

"I never said that" his face was straight. "But I am trying to be a good friend and father for you and Chi's sake"

"So hooking me up with your friend is making you a good friend and father?"

He held the elevator door.

"I hope" he smiled widely as he scanned her. "I'm digging this look"

Brooklyn smiled as she nearly chuckled

"Thank you, you look nice yourself" she said softly.

Taehyung licked his lips. "Tonight at eight he'll be picking you up." He released the elevator door.

"Hu&?!" She yelled but he just grinned mischievously as the door closed.