• winter morning •

Kageyama POV
Hinata left with his mum so I didn't think it was weird to look around the room.

It was pretty basic, nothing like I expected it to be.

I thought it was going to be messy and stuffy, but instead it's a small neat room with a bed, a desk and a window with a ceiling fan hanging above it.

There's a few volleyball posters, as well as some pictures with his family and friends.

One of the pictures was of his dad I'm assuming. He had orange hair just like Hinatas and he seemed pretty small I guess.

The door opens and I expect to see Hinata, but instead Natsu comes crawling on the bed.

"H..Hey Natsu what's up?" I say.

She didn't have a happy expression like she did when we were walking home, but rather she looked down or maybe distressed.

"Mummas shouting again" she says blankly.

Shouting? I didn't hear anything.

"Shouting?" I ask her.

"She can get really mad at Shou and I don't know why" she pouts.

I don't really know what to say at this point. I pat her on the head to comfort her.

"W..why does she shout" I ask her, although I probably shouldn't, but I was curious.

"'There's nothing wrong with you'" she says, impersonating her mum.

I widen my eyes, and stare at her blankly.

"'Why are you so quiet?'" she continues, still trying to mimic her voice.

I sigh and she holds my finger. She doesn't say anymore, and although I don't really know what she's getting at, I don't ask any more questions.

The door opens again, and Hinata (Shouyo) walks in smiling like he normally does,

He signs something to Natsu before showing me the time.

It's 8:27

Crap.

I quickly grab my stuff and tell him that I have to go.

He giggles at me and waves goodbye.

I was planning on running home as to not get my mum mad or worried, but the more I dug into my thoughts the slower I became.

There's nothing wrong with you.
Why are you so quiet?

The way that his mum was talking to him, she wasn't even giving him time to try and understand what she was saying.

Maybe she finds it too hard to have a deaf son?
Or maybe she tries too hard to make him not seem deaf?

"Where have you been?"

I sigh and take off my shoes, looking up at my distressed mum.

"Sorry" I say. "I went to Hinatas house"

She sighs at me.

"Next time message me"

"I said I'm sorry!"

As I go to go upstairs, I think about what Hinatas mum would've done.

"Hey mum" I holler impulsively "Would you still love me if I were deaf"

She stops and looks at me.

"What kind of question is that?" she starts "Of course I would"