• truths •

Hinatas POV
What's the real reason you called me here?

It obviously wasn't to ask why I stuck around with him.

He sighed and looked down, shrugging his shoulders and typed:

I was just anxious I guess. Needed someone here.

I grab his arm and chuckle at him.
He blushes and looks away.

You have a nice house
I message him.

Thanks
He messages back, I prefer yours though. Mines boring and I don't have a net.

I'm sure my mum would love it. She likes houses like these

I flinch as I send the message, not realising what I'd typed.

He looks at me solemnly.
I mouth 'sorry' to him.

"Can I tell you something?" he tells me. I read his lips and nod.

He sends me:

Look, I overheard a conversation with you and your mum, and that guy who tried to mug me told me something too. He said you did something bad? What exactly happened?

I felt my stomach drop and a lump in my throat.
How much exactly did he know?

I look at him sadly.
He has a worried look on his face.
I was thinking of shrugging it off or lying, but looking at him I could tell he really wanted to know what's going on.

I can't just type it to him.
I have to say it.

Kageyama POV
I felt bad asking him, but I've stayed quiet long enough.

I expected him not to answer, to take it as another one of my silly comments.

Instead however, he sighs and puts his phone down.

He tells me the story.
Not in sign language.
Not through text.
With his voice.

He stuttered and messed way too many times. Sometimes I'd have to remind him to start speaking again and he had to repeat it a lot.

Fully translated and without the stutters however, he would have said:

"My mum always dreamed of a perfect life. A big house, a loving husband and two kids who she could raise. But my dad died and I was born deaf, so I was the only one alive that she could blame for getting in the way of her perfect fantasy. She hates me for it, and goes out with married men to try and please her idealistic imagination. As for what I did to her; I was born deaf, and that ruined everything."

I look at him, not knowing what to say.
He smiles softly but sadly and looks down, trying to ignore the pain he was feeling.

He takes a deep breath.
I assume he's not used to talking that much and forgot to breathe.

"Hinata I-" I start to say something, before cutting myself off not knowing what to tell him.

I wanted to tell him so much, but instead I find myself wrapping my arms around his small body.

He seems pretty surprised, but I can't let go. I pull him into a long hug and start to tear up in his shirt.

I don't know why, I just couldn't sit there and listen to that without at least doing this.

He chuckles a little and returns my hug but rubbing my back.

I pull away from him and apologise.
He mouths that it's fine and we sit in silence.

When I look at the time, I'm surprise to see that it's already 10:30.

Hinata sees this too, and quickly grabs his stuff and gets up.

Before I have a chance to stop him, he opens the door, a freezing cold wind brushing his face.

I quickly pull him inside and ask him what he's doing.

'I'm going home, duh' he signs.

I tell him that he should stay here, that it's way too cold to ride home.

He doesn't resist, obviously spooked by the unending darkness outside.

'Thanks' he mouths.

Hinata POV
I woke up not knowing where I was.

When I sit up, the soft light reflecting out of the curtains reveals a large room with modern furniture.

I trace back the events that happened before I fell asleep.

When I turn to my side, Kageyama is sleeping peacefully on the bed next to the futon I was sleeping in.

I smile at how pretty he looked when he was sleeping

I brushed his bangs from his eyes and giggled.

The phone in my pocket vibrates and I pick it up to find at least a million messages from my mum.

I got a few calls too. Even if I did pick them up I wouldn't be able to hear her from the other side of the line anyways.

Where are you?
Hello?
Answer me!
I'm home now you can't hide!
Your bikes not here, where are you?
Did you go out in this weather?
Hello?

I think of jumping on my bike and heading home right away.

If things had been different, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

But thinking back to what happened yesterday I just couldn't.

I told Kageyama my story.
He hugged me and let me know that I did matter.

I didn't feel safe in my house.
I felt safe with him.

I look at him. He was turned to one side and sleeping soundly.

Impulsively, I jump in next to him, using his body heat to warm up my now-cold body.

He still wasn't awake, but he subconsciously put his arm around me.

I couldn't help but smile.

I fell asleep in his arms, knowing that I was safe.

Awe, look at that, after three of my stories we finally got a legit Kagehina scene. I don't know whether to put the two in a relationship to just keep doing fluffy moments so please let me know 🥺🥺
Stay Safe.
- Tashia