Chapter 8

A/n: Manga Spoilers up ahead. I know Rengoku died in the train of infinite dreams arc, but I don't want him to die yet so, let's just say it was already dawn so Akaza couldn't kill Rengoku. Hehe.
--------------------------------

3rd Person POV

Timeskip to the day of Final Selection

"Good luck Nezuko!" Tanjirou said as Nezuko was heading out to go to Mt. Fujikasane where the Final Selection would be held.

"Goodbye Nezuko, don't forget what we taught you!" Kanao said.

*Riiinggg Ringggg*

"Hello, Tomioka-sensei?" Tanjirou said.

"Is your sister going to Mt. Fujikasane for Final Selection?" Tomioka asked.

"Hai!"

"Okay, tell her I said Good luck."

"Thank you Tomioka-sensei."

"Oh, and come to the Headquarters and bring your friends with you. Oyakata-sama is calling for a meeting."

"Isn't it supposed to be a Pillar Meeting? Why do we have to be there?"

"I don't know, the Master just asked."

"Well then, see you there!"

*End Call*

"Kanao, Tomioka-sensei called. He said we have to go to Headquarters." Tanjirou said.

"Why?"

"Meeting."

"Isn't it supposed to be a Pillar Meeting?"

"I don't know too, he just said the Master wanted us to go, along with Zenitsu and Inosuke."

"Let's find our friends first."

"They basically live in the Butterfly Estate now, don't they?"

"Haha. That's true."

The Butterfly Estate

"Zenitsu! Inosuke!" Tanjirou called.

"Oi! Monjiro!" Inosuke said.

"Tanjirou's here?" Zenitsu asked.

"Zenitsu! Inosuke! We are being called to the Headquarters." Tanjirou said

"Why?" Zenitsu asked.

"Just come on!" Tanjirou replied.

Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters

They arrived at the Headqurters and they didn't expect what was awaiting them in the meeting.

Meeting

"The master is here." Oyakata-sama's daughters announced.

Oyakata-sama arrived with his wife.

"Hello, children." Oyakata-sama started. "I asked for this meeting, to discuss about the recent attack on the sword forgers homeland, or the swordsmith village. Mitsuri Kanroji, Tokito Muichiro, Shinazugawa Genya, Nezuko Kamado, and Tanjirou Kamado, all fought there against uppermoons 4 and 5. Am I right?"

"Hai, Oyakata-sama." The 4 of them said, since Nezuko was not there.

"Mitsuri Kanroji and Tokito Muichiro, have you noticed any strange marks on you, while you were fighting?"

"Yes, I do remember seeing some strange marks on my face, Oyakata-sama." Muichiro said.

"I'm afraid I haven't noticed any marks, Oyakata-sama. Although I heard my opponent say something about Demon Crests appearing." Kanroji explained.

"I guess you now know what we are talking about then." Oyakata-sama said. "Amane, please explain what these Demon Crests are."

"During the Sengoku Era, there were swordsmen of the first breath who were one step away from ending Kibutsuji Muzan. They all had marks that resembled Demon Crests. This knowledge has been passed down though, so some people should know about this."

"But I don't think we have heard of it." Sanemi said. "Have you guys heard of it?" He asked the others.

"No." They said.

"Why do we need to hide it then? Why not tell the other members?" Shinobu asked.

"Because a lot of people were brooding over the marks never appearing, and that's why. A lot of information about the marks became hazy with time. Maybe because it was never laid out in stone back then. And the demon hunters were on the verge of annihilation countless times, so perhaps the succession died out at some point. But we do have one piece of consistent knowledge about them. “Once one person has that mark on them, it starts spreading to others as if they're resonating.” " Amane Ubuyashiki explained.

"That was how one of the swordsmen of the first breath put it." Kiriya Ubuyashiki said.

"And as of now, the first person who had this mark was not any of the pillars here. But you, Kamado Tanjirou, you were the first one with the mark." Amane said looking at Tanjirou.

Upon hearing this all of them turned their heads to Tanjirou.

To be continued

Hey guys, so I was writing this as I reread the manga for more information. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!