Chapter 9

3rd Person POV

"This should not surprise us anymore, considering that Kamado Tanjirou uses the breath of the sun, or in other words, the first breath." Amane Ubuyashiki continued. "I would like to ask if there is any way for the marks to appear. Like, are any conditions for you to do so you can achieve the marked state?"

"I think that there is. And I will tell you what conditions you need to achieve as of my experience." Muichiro answered.

They discussed the conditions and decided that the pillar training(if you know what I mean. It's in the manga, fellow manga readers.) be held. It was already about 4:00 pm when they finished.

"Do you have anymore questions, my children?" Oyakata-sama asked.

"We don't have anymore questions Oyakata-sama." They all replied.

"Well then, you are now dismissed." Oyakata-sama said.

Outside

"Zenitsu, Inosuke, are you guys going to patrol tonight in the city?" Tanjirou asked.

"Why do you ask, Tontaro?" Inosuke asked.

"I was wondering if I could come too." He replied.

"Of course." Zenitsu said. "Always."

"Can I come too?" Kanao asked.

"Sure, Kentaro's girlfriend." Inosuke said.

"I'm fine with it, what about you Tanjirou?" Zenitsu asked.

"Are you sure Kanao?" Tanjirou asked.

"Don't you want me to come?" Kanao asked with 'those puppy eyes'.

"But, you might get hurt." He said looking away not wanting to look at her eyes.

"Please." She said while maintaining her puppy eyes.

"You know very well I can't say no to you with those eyes, right?"

"Please..."

"Fine." He just gave up.

"Yay! Thanks!"

"GAAAAAHHH!!! STOP IT!!!! STOP FLIRTING ALREADY!!!! GEEZ!!!!" Zenitsu angrily said making them both blush a light pink.

"Z-Zenitsu, we-were not f-flirting. I-I'm just concerned." Tanjirou defended.

"YOU STILL DARE TO SAY THAT?!?!?!?!?! AFTER WHAT YOU ARE DOING, YOU STILL DARE TO SAY THAT?!?!!! AND CONCERNED?!?! CONCERNED MY FOOT!!!!"

"Zenitsu, calm down."

"NO!!! NOT UNTIL YOU STOP!!!!"

"Stop what?"

"GAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! YOU REALLY ARE CLUELESS!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT? Nothing.. I don't care. Just do what you want."

"Caaaawwwww, caaaaawwwww. Kamado Tanjirou, head Northwest! Make your way to a small town in the suburbs, young girls have been disappearing there night after night. (A/n I know this is like his first mission, but I have some plans so the order of events will not be the usual.) Head Northwest! Quickly! Cawwwww, caaaaawww." The crow interrupted.

"Well, looks like I can't come." Tanjirou said.

"Can I come with you?" Kanao asked.

"No."

"Please."

"NOOOO!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!! STOP IT!!!! JUST STOP IT!!!!!." Zenitsu shouted which made them pause for a while.

"Please." Kanao started.

"No. You can't." Tanjirou replied.

"GOODNESS!!!! JUST GO WITH EACH OTHER ALREADY!!!! YA HEAR ME TANJIROU!!! JUST FREAKIN' LET HER COME!!!! I CAN'T STAND YOU TWO FLIRTING ANYMORE!!!!!" Zenitsu shouted.

"See? Even Zenitsu agrees." Kanao said.

"I'm still not cha-" Tanjirou was interrupted.

Warning bad words

"GODDAMMIT TANJIROU!!!! JUST LET HER COME WITH YOU AND STOP THIS ALREADY!!!!!" Zenitsu said, now really annoyed and jealous. "Just go to your mission please. And take her with you."

Kanao and Tanjirou left.

"Monitsu, you're jealous aren't ya?" Inosuke teased.

"YES I AM!!! WHY CAN HE FLIRT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND, WHEN I CAN'T EVEN BE NEAR HIS SISTER, WHO IS MY GIRLFRIEND?!?!?!?!?!?"

"Hahahahahaha!" Inosuke laughed. "Probably because she is still at the final selection."

"Still! Even when she is not at the final selection!"

"Lemme tell you. Gonpachiro is just overprotective of his sister."

"Right... Maybe..... If that's the case, then I would be glad if Kanao-chan is my sister then."

"Why though?"

"So I'll be overprotective of her too!"

"What? Why do you even need to be overprotective of her?"

"Geez Inosuke, you're still as clueless as ever. Of course, so that I won't let him near her too. So they can stop making me jealous."

"That's still too much thinking for me."

"Well, it's 4:13 pm already. We should probably rest before our patrol tonight."

"Yeah, let's go."

With Kanao and Tanjirou 4:37 pm.

"I'm seeing a small town in the distance, could that be the town we're supposed to go to?" Tanjirou asked.

"Maybe." Kanao said.

4:51 pm they reached the town

"Look, there's Kazumi, poor thing."

"Yeah, I heard he was with Satoko when she disappeared."

"It's really getting scary night after night. This night, yet another young girl will be abducted."

Those were the talk of the town.

"I think we went to the right town Kanao." Tanjirou said.

"Sure we did. Now let's go talk to Mr. Kazumi, was it?" Kanao replied.

Then they went up to a man who looked like he was beaten and was now walking on the streets.

"Ummm.... Excuse us, Mr. Kazumi." Kanao started. "Would you mind telling us your story?"

"Okay." He replied weakly. "Follow me."

They followed him to an alleyway.

"We were walking down this alleyway last night because it was a shortcut to her house. Then I felt that she was not there, I looked back and only saw her bag and one of her shoes, but she was not there anymore." He said starting to tear up. "You might not believe me, but it is true."

"We believe you Mr. Kazumi. We really do. After all it's why we're here." Tanjirou replied. "Right, Kanao?"

"Yes, that's right." Kanao said.

It was already getting dark.

"Help!!! Help me please!!!" Someone cried.

"S-Satoko....." Kazumi stuttered.

"Kanao...." Tanjirou said.

"I know." She replied.

They went to where the sound came from. Without a second thought, Tanjirou leaped in 'Water Breathing Second Form: Water Wheel!' Tanjirou thought as he sliced the demon's arm.

To be continued

Hey guys! Thanks for being patient in waiting for the next chapter! Hope you liked it! Also, thank you for your comments in wanting for me to continue writing OWOWAKDXCAOWDWAD, and Diedward, it really motivated me even if sometimes I felt lazy.