ultraviolence

After doing 4 reps, he couldn't concentrate. Nothing felt right but... this had always been his usual routine why wouldn't it feel right. After lifting a 44lbs barbell, Alfredo sat it down. Sweating like a pig, his black nike shorts that ended right above his knees and creased into his v-line. His abs stood defined with each line cutting through his skin. His jet black hair stuck to his forehead with sweat.The Ritz Carlton Hotel gym was somewhat empty, Alfredo wondered why? He could use some company perhaps it would take his thoughts of her... the girl. Alfredo hoped he would have caught some woman's attention in the gym, he needed to sleep with someone else to forget last night, to forget his last encounter of sexual intercourse. Regardless it was the only thing on his mind.

'God, she was so—'

He couldn't find the word. It frustrated him, the thought of her brought him to his knees. What he would do to have a second night with her? Odd, how he was never one to hit it twice. Defeated, he could never forget the way she molded into his body so perfectly. Her skin so tan and smooth, it tasted like—

'I don't know, I don't know but it tasted like that. Something I've never had before.'

Felipe had actually told the hotel stuff to reserve the gym to private session for about an hour or as long as Alfredo would take. It was one of the many grand favors that could be done with the right amount of money set on the table. Noting that Garreth McCarthy was a majority share holder of this property proved to be just as much of a big advantage.

"Everything alright Alpha? You've been staring at the treadmill for a good while now..."

"Felipe?" Alfredo muttered realizing he had zoned out.

"Yes, Alpha." The man replied handing him a towel. Carelessly grabbing it, Alfredo breathed in from distress. The smell of ah courant filled his nostrils. Nothing better than the smell of a new fresh hotel luxury towels.

"That night..."

Felipe was already aggravated. 'Not this again...' he said to himself.

"...I know we said to never speak of it...."

"As we should never." Felipe added quickly, he was the only person who could speak to Alfredo in this manner. The only person who really knew who Alfredo was? He was soft and generous, not the pompous, arrogant, intimidating beast he had to act out to be. For the sake of his forefather's estate and quinta.

"...uh please tell it to me again, how she looked like..? Please Felipe...just this last time then never again." Felipe looked at his son unbeknownst to him, he looked so frail and vulnerable. Granted, Alfredo had no friends; a man of his stature should not have friends only enemies because they show their true colors. They show their true intentions, if Alfredo could not be vulnerable in Felipe's presence. Like a pistol, he'd shoot at the wrong oppositions and lose his head. Spending over 23hours being a heartless stone cold bastard was not an easy job. It seemed Alfredo only had an hour of his day to be himself. Sometimes, it all got so tough; he couldn't differentiate the difference between Alpha and Alfredo as if they were slowly molding into one unbearable villainous person.

"Please Alpha forget it, I beg of you forget her."

"... te escucho... te escucho... te escucho" (I hear you.)

"... ella esta muerta Alfa..." (she is dead Alpha.)

"... lo se pero pero..." (I know but but—) Alfredo turned to look away from Felipe who portrayed his disappointment with no fail. "...es dificil.." (it's hard.)

Hesitantly shaking his head, Felipe seemed aggravated but nonetheless he began to speak. Looking at his son in such a state had to be his weakness. Although they stood at the same height, same somewhat muscular posture... Felipe still saw Alfredo as his little boy. No changes, just his little boy. Even more so vulnerable to the world he was born into. The world that he had to continue to play a role into. If anything Felipe would have wanted a normal life for him and none of this rubbish. "...uh she stood at this height... about 5'5..."

Alfredo's demeanor immediately lightened up, so did his shoulders that were slumped. Eagerly listening, over the years this had been one thing that excited him for some strange reason.

"Long brown hair...hazel brown eyes..."

"You know Felipe... she smiled at me this once. She had a really nice smile." He added clearing his throat.

"Was that the last day?"

"Yes...it was nice..."

"I see..." Felipe replied, with a bored expression. It was something he had experienced with Alfredo over the years. The same conversation over and over again. It was beginning to tick him off, as for Alfredo; he seemed to enjoy it very much any chance to talk about her, delighted him.

"...she had—"

"I'd love to continue this conversation about a girl who died years ago but we ought to go back up to your suite. You need to shower, you have a meeting in an hour..."

"Right..." Alfredo cleared his throat, returning to his cold stature.

"Perhaps I could arrange a phone call with your therapist. She'd love to talk about her, she is after all paid to do so."

Alfredo shook his head. "You're dismissed Felipe!"

"Excuse me Alpha?"

"You're dismissed." He repeated. "For the day, I will have Julio on duty. I'm not quite sure what New Yorkers do around these parts but go do that."

"It's very dangerous for you—"

"Please Felipe, I'm exhausted with you indirectly labeling me mental. I'm sick of your judgement. It is best you work far from me. You're getting rather old as well, you maybe incompetent."

"If you insist then...Alpha..."

Alfredo only walked away to the gym's extravagant showers pulling his track-bottoms over and zipping his jacket just as quickly.

"Call me...!" Felipe said subtly.

"I won't."

"Whenever you need—"

"I won't, I won't need you."

"Alright then, I will inform Julio of the switch after I accompany you to your suite."

Aggravated, Alfredo swiftly turned back. "Stop stop Felipe, stop trying to father me, please stop my father is dead! I'm all alone, you're not my father." He hissed, coming at close proximity with Felipe's face, so close their similar artistic noses almost touched, staring into the warm cloudy grey eyes that resembled his cold ones. The lines of aging and weariness visible on Felipe's face. The man was hurt but he tried to hide it, as he had hidden the hurt he felt al these years.

Turning around, Alfredo roughly grabbed his bottle of Fiji water.

Watching his son walking away stung. Nonetheless he followed behind him carrying his workout Nike bag as well as Alfredo's phone and watch. Like the shadow he had been all these years. He wouldn't leave Alfredo's side no matter what. He was a target for so many threats and possible bloodshed or homicides from his father's known and unknown enemies. Alfredo was oblivious to some of the dangers that stood meters away from him. Felipe, In charge of security, he noted that he'd tell the other men to remain unseen. To give Alfredo the facade that he was truly alone and not being followed by five men dressed casually in the background. Reading a magazine at the pool, having a drink at the bar, having a meal at the restaurant, taking the elevator up, passing him in the spacious corridor, the handy man fixing the plumbing maintenance in his squire. Alfredo Molinero was more important than he poised to be, very very important. His father had left a mark in many people's lives, leaving him with a full's worth of enemies and nemesis.

Getting back to his suite, his mood was rather sour. He was in the mood for strong bourbon. Coming back to his room, it was honestly a surprise that he met her again but in a maid uniform. So it seemed she was a no-body?

Alfredo liked it.

Felipe following behind.

He cursed the day she came back into his son's life. This was only a disaster waiting to occur. Fait was certainly pulling the strings, what were the odds that they'd meet again for the third time in their lifetime.

60 votes + 35 comments
Pls add to reading lists thanks :D