convince her

Fiercely walking into the empty club that one early morning; with rage and her mind made up. She found Ignacio in his office, just above the dance floor it overlooked every angle of Club Savannah. Not even Mila's concealer could cover her eye bags not that she cared for her appearance in that moment. She cared for none of it, she felt broken. Mila felt betrayed, so many emotions ran through her veins; sadness wasn't very far fetched either. Mila was regretful of a lot of things but she decided it would be best to put her blame on Ignacio.

With no warning, as soon as Ignacio raised his head. Mila gave him a slap that had him gasping for air and wondering what he did.

"So much for being my friend!" Mila spoke bitterly.

"What was that for? For fucksake Mila." He groaned, massaging his aching cheek.

"You knew right? Ofcourse you did."

"Knew what? Can you calm down babe?
Sit down, have some water."

Convinced but still upset she did.

"I told you time and again that I never wanted anything to do with criminals or any shady men. I told you, Ignacio but no. You set me up with Lucifer."

"Chill, it's not even that deep." Ignacio shrugged back in his seat knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Why are you even bugging? You're not pregnant are you?"

Mila shook her head seeking comfort.

"Did he give you herpes?"

Mila shook her head again.

"Did he hurt you?"

"...he will eventually." She mumbled feeling defeated.

"Oh trust me, he is too head over heels to even go there." Ignacio assured her by putting his hand over hers across the table. "You've been crying. Mila... baby girl; am I missing something? It's not that deep, so yes he is the leader of the Mexican mafia but that's no reason to cry like a baby. Where are your big girl panties? Because you need to start wearing them. I've never seen you so distraught." Mila sighed entwining her hands with his seeking his comfort. She just needed someone, anyone to tell her that she would be alright.

Gulping down a feeling of jitters. She sat there silent, but being tormented by thoughts and memories.

"I'm the girl, Ignacio." She replied lowly. She just wanted someone else besides Della to know. Someone to hear her out and assure her that it was no big deal.

"What do you mean?" Ignacio chuckled obliviously.

"...the virginity sacrifice to uhm cleanse their sins."

Silence was evident.

Ignacio almost gasped but drew back.

"Not to be rude but uh shouldn't you be dead... if you're a sacrifice?"

"I don't know, Ignacio. I'm scared."

"Well fucking hell, this is exactly what I needed in my life. Look—" he whispered lowly. "Don't crack, don't break... you can't tell anyone. How many people know this?"

"Della and you." Mila broke into tears feeling helplessness convulse within her.

"You can not tell anyone."

"I won't, I never planned on it."

"Good because trust me, you do not want to be found alive. If you're found alive it will given them more reason to believe they're still cursed and the ceremony was not done properly and they're still cursed."

"How come you know so much about this... I thought you were British-Italian?"

Ignacio uncomfortably cleared his throat not ready to inform her, of underground agendas that he was well involved in. His ties with the English mob. He wanted to trust her but he knew she would very quickly tell her friend Adela and boss wouldn't be very happy about that.

"I just know... I've heard things."

"Oh..."

"Please don't tell me your name has always been Mila?"

Dumfounded she looked at him with doll eyes. "Why?"

"Because it's only a matter of time before he puts two and two together."

A shiver ran down her spine.

"...it always was Mila but I had a blind fold. He doesn't know me. Not even my name."

"This is a mess."

"You introduced him to me now you're saying it's a mess. I was fine alone with Patty. I told you, wealthy men were not my thing but no you begged me. Literally sold my life just so you could keep your little job behind the bar." Mila scrambled for anyone to blame.

"Whether you put the blame on me or not, the truth of the matter is you're in shit."

"Oh and that's suppose to make me feel better?"

"Look here Jezebel. I said entertain him not fuck him twenty more times until he starts following and snooping around." Ignacio whisper yelled. From the glass that overviewed the club, they both out of shock watched as Alfredo walked in with two of his body guards. They both sank in their seats with panic before it dawned onto them that they needed to act quickly.

"Go go go go, in the bathroom!!" That she did, hiding herself in the conjoined bathroom. She was shaking with fear as she anticipated watched through the hole of the key to the door.

"Mr. Molinero...!" Ignacio stood up respectively.

Alfredo shrugged not bothering to return the gesture. Sitting down without any invitation. He had budged in with no knock what so ever.

"I like you, Ignacio but—" Alfredo paused. "that could easily change sí?"

"Yes, yes of course sir. I'm well aware."

Alfredo had an intimidating aura. Infact Mila didn't recognize this Alfredo. He had been nothing but sweet the entire time he spent with Mila. It dawned onto her that... he was only nice and sweet to her but everyone else; he was the hellion. She tried not to make a sound as her heart thud with each passing second.

"Convince her to see me."

"Convince who?" Ignacio stuttered, with no warning one of the man who stood behind Alfredo came to lift him off his seat by the collar.

"Don't act stupid." The bulked up man who had tattoos on his face added aggressively. Ignacio assumed he would pee his pants immediately. "Alpha is not a man of many words but if I were you, I'd better find a way to convince her to see him otherwise hell will break loose." With that, they threw him back like he weighed nothing. Grinning, he revealed his gold teeth. Alfredo only sat there quiet and adjusted.

Abruptly standing up.

"Don't say you can't. I hate that word and you would not be happy to hear what I do to people who can not."

"Say, I can." Alfredo's goons teased.

"I can, I very well can. I am capable of doing do. I can." Ignacio shivered.

"Good, see I like you a lot Ignacio hopefully it remains so..."

It was in these moments that Mila realized she wouldn't be getting away from it. She wouldn't, unless she wanted innocent people to be hurt. At the same time, she loathed Alfredo. This was a side she hadn't seen but clearly this was who he really was.

35+ comments.
Feedback would be much appreciated.