perhaps barren

'I don't care!'

She told herself.

'I really don't.'

Trying her best to not recall any intimate moments that they had shared. Surprised, she had actually given in. Feeling foolish because that was someone's partner. Lola seemed nice, Mila thought to herself. It wasn't her fault that she put her trust in someone who proved to be unfaithful. So, she had come to terms with the regards that she had been one to pass time on his business trip. He didn't have a wife like she thought or accused, he had a girlfriend. He seemed so surprised and in utter shock when he saw her. Mila had assumed a man like him was unbothered by adultery. She had not expected him to be flabbergasted and uncomfortable with the situation. She felt shameful as she passed his security, they were clearly aware and had seen her walk out of his bed too many times. No one had said anything. Mila had always thought of herself as an unbothered person but... truthfully, she felt some sort of betrayal.

"I honestly do not know what Andre wants from me..." Della expresses with a sigh after getting off a phone call with her ex-husband. Mila's thoughts had been too occupied to even function or eavesdrop as she always did.

"The man is clearly still infatuated with you. This co-parenting won't cut it for long." Mila assured her friend, putting on a facade that everything was perfectly fine. She watched as her friend scrunched her face in disapproval. Deciding to ignore the remark, Della could sense that Mila wasn't as talkative as she usually was. It was concerning, she had always been one to talk none-stop about anything, now she was quiet and too observant of the walls.

As soon as Della was about to speak, Mila interrupted with a random thought. "Wealthy men are only a call for trouble. They think they own everything and everyone. They can have you today toss you on the next..."

"Is this about that—"

"No!" Mila dismissed.

"Well it looks like it is since I didn't have to say his name for you to know who exactly I was speaking of." Della shrugged. Mila scowled at her, clearly in-denial.

"One thing for sure is I'm going to get my eggs removed before I commit a big mistake. I'm done with birth control!"

"...hey... is everything alright?"

Mila shook her head. "It's just such a pain in the ass taking pills just so a cheating bastard can hit it raw." She let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Mila... please start from the beginning?"

"....that-guy-the-rich-guy-from—"

"Yes, I'm well aware of whom you're talking about?"

"...we met up a few times, things happened. Turns out he has a girl friend who came to surprise him and I had to set up the romantic setting for them so that was pretty fun."

Della smiled lowly.

Mila cringed at her friend.

"Am I missing something? Was there something funny? Why are you smiling?" Mila panicked as if she knew what was coming.

"...well knowing you my friend, you never care for such. Relationships and titles never stopped you before."

"Well this was different, the lady seemed really nice." Mila shrugged, carelessly shoving her uniform in the locker. She waited for Della to finish getting dressed before they walked out together. Mila made them rush as fast as they could through the lobby not wanting to encounter anyone that she wouldn't want to see in that very moment but lucky for them, they had to sign out at the reception; it was such a drag.