Chapter 35

"Alright guys push!" Nastu ordered.

He and his men tried to push the oil covered Gray through the bars of their cell.

"Oh man this feels so wrong." Gray said.

"Just shut up and try to get through!" Natsu said. "The rest of you push harder!"

"Ow! Hey! Take it easy!"

It was a struggle but eventually they managed to get him through the bars. Once freed, Gray started to search for the keys. He found them hanging on the door of the area. Due to being covered in oil he had a hard time holding on to the keys, they kept slipping through his fingers.

"Hurry up!" Laxus said.

"Give me a break my fingers are oily!" At last he was able to get the keys through the hole and unlocked the gate.

"Great we're free. Now how do we get off this ship without getting recaptured?" Natsu said. He looked at the barrel of gun powder then back at his crew.

"No!" They told him.

"Do any of you have any better options?" Natsu asked them.

"Not at the moment but I'm sure that we can think of something way better than that." Gray said.

"Gray? Is that you?" They heard Juvia's voice coming from up above them. They saw that the ceiling which also served as the floor board for the room the was above them had a few cracks meaning that they could probably talk to who was up there.

"Yes Juvia it's me. I'm down here and so is everybody else." Gray answered.

"Are you all alright?" She asked.

"Yes. We're fine but we may not be if we don't find some way off this ship."

"I don't understand, what's this about? Who are these men?"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you later. Where are you?"

"I'm in a bedroom."

"Are you near the lifeboats?" Natsu asked.

"No I'm not and there are two men at my door."

"They haven't hurt you have they?" Gray asked.

"No. But they've asked me for my name and where I'm from. I don't know what to tell them."

"Don't tell them anything and don't do anything. Just wait there for us to get you."

"Wait a minute maybe she can help us." Natsu said. "Hey Juvia you have a siren song right?"

"No. I'm not a siren."

"Let me rephrase that, you have a voice that can distract men when you sing right?"

"Yes."

"Alright I got an idea. Juvia I want you to sing to those navy officers, lure them away from their posts."

"You mean use my voice to lure them to their death? No! That's cruel and it's against my principles!"

"You don't have to kill them! You just have to distract them long enough for us to sneak on to the life boats."

"But...But you understand my voice can be very dangerous if I use it like that and besides won't you be effected too?"

"Not if we plug our ears up with candle wax." Gajeel said.

"Candle wax?" Natsu said skeptically.

"It's the only thing that can block out a siren's or a mermaid's song."