Chapter 4

I nervously walk into Ms Han's office.

"Morning Danseok!" she sees me. "Have a seat."

I sit on the chair opposite her desk.

"Today you will be watching the boys' dance practice to see what their strengths are & what they can work on. After the practice you are to tell them what they lack from a non-professional point of view."

"Okay."

She eyes me out. "You look a little nervous. Are you okay?"

No I'm not! I just found out that the stranger I fell in love is someone I have to work with!  "Yeah. I'm fine."

"Okay then. Off you go."

(at the dance studio):

"Good job. You can take a 10 minute break" says the choreographer.

I'm sitting in the corner of the room & watching them, taking occasional notes.

The boys were practicing really hard so as soon as the choreographer announced a break, the boys collapsed on the floor.

After a few seconds of rest, Taehyung gets up to fetch the water bottles from his bag. He's in charge of water today. He opens his bag & scratches through it but finds nothing.

"Ah..." he realizes.

"What?" Namjoon turns to see what he's doing.

"Well, I accidentally left the water at home" Taehyung scratches the back of his head.

"Typical" Jimin says bluntly.

"I'll go get some from the kitchen" Taehyung gets up & walks out of the room.

Oh! Now's my chance to get Taehyung alone so that I can tell him about our encounter.

I walk to the kitchen to see him getting out plastic cups from the cupboard. "Taehyung?" I ask.

He turns around. "Oh. Manager" he realizes.

"Let me help you" I say as I take a cup & fill it with water from the water filter.

"Oh. Thank you" he says.

"I put the filled cup on a tray & get the next one ready. I see Taehyung leaning against the counter & staring blankly at the ground.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Well... Not really" he says, a bit unsure of himself.

"It's okay. You can tell me" I reassure him as I fill a cup with water.

"I don't want to trouble you Manager. You're under enough stress as it is" he says considerately.

"I'll be under even more stress if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"Well... Okay. You'll probably think I'm really stupid after this but here it is: I'm Gucci's embassador this month. They opened up a new shop in the local mall so I was there for the opening. I was to greet the first 100 customers."

I look at him with fascination. He's really cute when he's worried about something. Yah! Snap out of it Danseok!

"So when we opened the doors to the shop there were surprisingly no customers. I stepped out to see a girl on the floor with her friends crouched beside her. I got closer & saw that she was hurt on her limbs. So I took her inside & into the storage room."

Should I tell him now? No. I'll wait a bit.

"I cleaned up her cuts & put plasters over them. It was only when I saw her up close that.. I realized how pretty she was. She had a Gucci outfit on & looked good in it so I assumed that she was also a model. Turns out she's not."

Now? No. A little more.

"We talked a bit & she almost fell trying to stand up but luckily I helped her & then something awkward happened. Anyways she told me why there was no one outside the store. She helped her friends get first in line to see me."

Maybe now? Wait no.

"She was amazing. She was beautiful & had an amazing personality & cared for her friends... I think I'm in love."

I get startled at this. That's exactly how I felt when I was with him.

"I tried to get her number but-"

"A staff member pulled you away before you could" I finish his sentence.

"H- how'd you know?!"

"You resumed your duties & when you looked up you smiled at her as she left the shop."

He stared at me in shock. "W- were you there? Or do these things normally happen?"

"I was reading through your profile yesterday &... saw you real name. I thought I should tell you that... I'm the girl that you helped."

He's not replying. He's just staring at me which is making me nervous. He then comes a little closer & looks at me closely.

"You... are her!" he realizes. "How did I not recognize you?"

"Well, I don't usually wear clothes like that. My friend made me wear it."

"Oh. Wait" he remembers something. "You... Don't remember what I said just now... Do you?"

"About what?"

"Uh... The stuff I said about... Falling in love with her."

"Oh." My heart rate picked up. He just accidentally confessed to me. What does this mean?

"Well" he interrupted my thoughts. "I didn't really mean it of course. I just told you that to let the story make more sense so that you could give me advice."

I don't know why, but my heart sank at this.

I know he doesn't even know me, & I don't really know him. And it's not like I even had time to develop feelings for him... Then why do I feel so sad?

He looks at me & then turns away awkwardly.

"Hey what's taking so long?" Namjoon comes in. He sees the awkward atmosphere between Taehyung & I & pauses.

"Sorry" Taehyung breaks the silence & walks past me to fill up the last few cups with water.

Namjoon goes to help him so I go out of the kitchen into the passage. I see a balcony at the end of the passage & go there.

I look out at the tall buildings of Seoul & feel my heart ache.

No! I can't be sad over a boy I don't even know! I'm better than that...

I feel a tear roll down my cheek & quickly wipe it away, going back inside to the practice room.