Chapter 5

"What do you think manager?" Hoseok asks as I sit in a circle with them on the practice room floor.

"You guys are really good dancers!" I say.

Some of them smile, knowing that they dance well, but the others don't believe me.

"Of course, each of you have areas to work on & improve. Just some have more room for improvement than others. Which is good! Because then your fans will see how you've improved & love you more..." I try to be supportive.

"Just say it. I'm horrible" Jin says.

"What? No! You're not horrible! You're good. You just have potential-"

"Stop sugar coating it. Just because you say it in a kind way doesn't make it better" Jimin says in a slightly harsh tone.

"You're one to speak. You're a great dancer. You even went to dance school" Tae speaks for the first time since I saw him in the kitchen.

"So? It doesn't matter if I went to dance school or not, I put in effort into the choreography" he talks back.

"Jimin's right" I try to calm Taehyung down.

"So the rest of us aren't putting in effort?" Tae looks at me.

"No. No you are! It's just-"

"Don't fight with Manager. She's trying to help us here" Hoseok looks at Jimin & Tae.

"You're good at dancing too" Tae tells Hoseok. "Stop looking down on us."

"Taehyung" Namjoon raises his voice. "Stop it."

"I won't stop" Tae says & turns back to Jimin, ready to continue the argument.

Yoongi scoffs as he watches this.

"Ms Choi. You're supposed to help. Tell him to stop accusing me" Jimin looks at me & points to Tae.

I look at Taehyung & flash back to when I first met him at the Gucci opening. My heart starts beating a little faster & I am unable to answer.

Jimin scoffs. "I knew it. You can't help us. You might get the best grades in Management & know everything about it, but in real life, you can't do anything."

"Jimin!" Namjoon gets angrier as he crosses the line.

Jimin gets up leaves the room. Silence befalls the rest of us.

"Sorry Manager. I'll go talk to him" Jungkook starts getting up.

"It's fine. I'll go" I get up & go out into the corridor.

I see Jimin turning the corner of the passage & follow him to the kitchen.

"Jimin..." I stop at the doorway.

He just turns his back to me & switches the kettle on before taking out ingredients to make a cup of tea.

"I- I know you don't want to get too close to me. You don't have to. But we can't have this bad atmosphere when we're together. I still need to work with you most of the time. It's my job now."

He doesn't say anything & waits for the kettle to finish boiling.

"We don't have to be the best of friends. Let's just not be enemies. Is that okay?"

The kettle finishes boiling & he picks it up to take pour the water into a mug.

I get frustrated at his ignorant behavior & step in front of him to look him in the eye. He gets startled & drops the kettle onto the counter, causing some boiling water to spill on me.

"Ah!" I shout in pain as it hits my lower arm.

His eyes widen & he grabs my arm. "A- are you okay?!"

The boiling water sinks into my skin & the pain increases. I start to cry.

I hear the fridge door being opened & then feel something cold being pressed against my arm. I look up to see Yoongi pushing me to sit down on the floor. He then holds an ice pack against my burn.

Jimin is just as surprised to see Yoongi as I am & crouches down.

"Pabo" he turns to Jimin. "Don't you know that when someone gets burnt you should put something cold against their burn?"

Jimin just stares blankly. "Sorry... I was just really scared-"

"And you should've been careful when he had the kettle in his hand" he turns back to me.

"M- miyan..." I nervously reply.

Yoongi sighs. "Get the cooling gel" he tells Jimin who gets up after his hyung's words register.

Yoongi's sudden actions made me forget about the pain, but it comes back. I close my eyes tightly as my skin burns.

"Don't worry" he says calmly.

Jimin opens the small sachet of cooling gel & hands it to Yoongi who squeezes some out & applies it to my burn.

"Ow!" I exclaim as soon as he touches it.

"This will make it better" he applies it where the stinging is & I start to feel a little better.

I can't help but look at him since he's so close to me. Is this really the cold Yoongi who wouldn't even talk to me earlier?

"All done" he says looking at me.

I look into his dark eyes for a bit until Jimin interrupts.

"Are you okay now Ms Choi?" he asks worriedly.

"I think so..." I say, getting up with their help.

"You should go home now" Yoongi says.

"I'll be okay..."

"No he's right. You should look after that burn" Jimin tells me.

I sigh, knowing that it will be hard to go on with this burn.

"Your practice is over soon, so I'll go to SIMA to fetch some things & go home.

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" asks Yoongi.

"Yes" I say with a small smile.

"Then let me call someone to pick you up & take you there" Jimin takes out his phone & calls the driver.

I was amazed at how the members I thought were the most distant from me were being so kind & caring right now.

Yoongi & Jimin take me outside to the car & make sure I get in safely. I go to SIMA to fetch the progress sheets Ms Han said I had to take & then go home.

(Later):

I tie an ice pack to my lower arm where the burn is with a neck tie Ji An gave me & sit down at the table to look at
my work.

I have to answer questions about the members from what I've seen today.

I think I'll start with Jimin & Yoongi.

~~~~~

A/n:

Hey!

I'm so excited because tomorrow is my one year anniversary of becoming an army! So I decided to give you an update.

Thanx for reading this book until here. Sorry I haven't been updating much.

I want to tell u that I'm thinking of discontinuing this book & deleting it. It's not getting a very good response & has been here for a while. If u want me to continue it, please tell me. If 3 ppl say yes I'll carry on.

Annyeong.