02. moments like these

s1e22: founder's day

"God, I can't believe I have to do this," Brynley whispered to herself as she tried to tie up a traditional 1860s hoop-skirt dress. She rolled her eyes and left the dress untied. Brynley was part of the Founders Court, and had to stand and smile during the parade today. It was times like these that she really felt out of place, and almost broken. Elena and Caroline has their mothers and aunts to help them get ready, and Brynley sat alone in her bedroom while she did the same. The girl walked over to her dresser where the a framed photo of her and her mother sat, it was the only one in her room. "I hate to admit it, but moments like these is when I really wish you were, Mom."

"She might not be here, but I am," Bryn turned around to see Tyler standing there, dressed in his 1860s ensemble. Brynley asked him to be her escort for the parade. Brynley turned around to face her mirror while Tyler walked over to her, standing behind her. He lifted his hands up and began to tie up the dress up. "You look great."

"Thanks." Bryn mumbled. "You too."

"You're still upset with me." Tyler concluded and Brinley nodded. "I don't blame you, what I did was really stupid."

"Yeah, it was," Brynley nodded. "What were you thinking?"

"I was drunk and like I said, stupid." Tyler tried to explain.

"I told you idiots we shouldn't have drank that night." Brynley laughed slightly.

"Yup, and B-Bell is always right." Tyler smiled and Brynley nodded.

-

"Say cheese!" Caroline and Matt took a picture while Brynley and Bonnie smiled at them.

"Oh wait! Hide your cast, it's not era-appropriate!" Caroline pushed Matt's arm away before the couple bickered. "I want one with Bonnie now."

"Here, I can take it." Tyler walked up to the group.

"I'll be on the float." Matt looked at Tyler before he walked away.

"I said I was sorry!" Tyler defended and Brynley shot him a look.

"You made out with his mother and then you beat him to a pulp. You're gonna have to do a little bit better than sorry." Caroline explained.

"Exactly," Brynley agreed. "Come on, let's get on the float."

-

"Why can't he just forgive me?" Tyler asked Brynley after the parade at the Grill. The two were playing a game of pool while Caroline and Matt watched them from a table.

"Do I need to remind you that you kissed his mom?" Brynley smirked. "What you did was screwed up Tyler, the only reason that I'm not over there with Matt is because I don't want to third wheel."

"I know, I know." Tyler agreed.

"It's going to take awhile for things to get back to normal for the three of us." Brynley explained.

"What are you doing here? I told you to go home." Charles Lockwood walked you to his son.

"I decided not to." Tyler shrugged.

"If I tell you to do something, you do it!" Charles yelled, grabbing Tyler's arm.

"Hey Mayor Lockwood, is everything okay?" Brynley tried to infer.

"Please Tyler, I need you to go home, now. Take your friends with you." Charles demanded.

"Why? What's going on?" Matt questioned.

"I can't explain. All of you need to get home, now. Please." Charles begged and Brynley looked at him, confused. "Here, take my car, it's out back. Caroline, Matt, Brynley, go with him."

"Yeah, okay," Tyler agreed before he pulled Brinley closer to him. "Come on, Bryn."

-

Brynley cleared her throat as Tyler drove her, him, Matt, and Caroline away from the Grill. The Fletcher girl felt incredibly awkward but she was also trying not to laugh. Her subdued laughter didn't last long before she heard a piercing noise. Bryn's head filled with pain as she screamed.

"What the hell is that?" Tyler groaned and tears brimmed Brynley's eyes.

"What's the matter?" Caroline asked.

"That noise!" Brynley managed to say.

"Wait, what noise?" Matt looked at the two confused and Brynley cried in pain. Tyler's hands let go of the wheel and went to his head. The car began to lose control.

"Tyler! Tyler!" Caroline yelled. Brynley looked down at her hands through her tear-filled eyes, and she became even more afraid. Her hands were glowing gold, tons of tiny little specks all over them.

"Caroline, the wheel!" Matt demanded and Caroline reached over and tried to grab the wheel of the car. She failed and the car crashed into a wall.