17. bubble spell

s2e13: daddy issues

"Yes Elijah, I'm going to eat something." Brynley walked downstairs, on the phone with Elijah.

"Do you need me to come over?" Elijah offered.

"I'm fine, I'm literally opening the fridge right now as we speak." Brynley opened the fridge and grabbed the container of fruit salad that Elijah made yesterday. She ate a couple pieces before beginning to feel sick.

"How do I know you're not just grabbing a water bottle?" Elijah asked.

"I guess you're gonna have to trust me then," Brynley smirked and someone knocked at her door. "Oh that's Tyler, he said he was coming. I'll talk to you later."

"Promise me you'll call me if you need anything or if you're in trouble."

"I promise." Brynley hung up the call and opened the door. "Hey Ty. You look pissed, oh god, what did Matt do?"

"It's not Matt, my Uncle Mason's dead." Tyler walked into the house.

"Oh my god, Tyler, I'm so sorry." Bryn apologized. "How'd he die?"

"Shouldn't you know? Damon killed him, Brynley!" Tyler yelled and Brynley looked at him in shock.

"Tyler, I had no idea!" Brynley shook her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. If I did, I would have told you."

Tyler looked at his bestfriend, observing her, and then realizing she wasn't lying.

"Pinky promise?" Tyler mumbled and stuck out his pinkie.

"Pinky swear." Brynley promised and pulled Tyler in for a hug. "I'm so sorry."

-

"Is this about what I think it is?" Brynley walked into Caroline's house with Stefan and Caroline nodded.

"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word." Caroline informed.

"It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." Stefan said.

"No one told me shit! I had to find out from Tyler himself that Damon killed Mason." Brynley crossed her arms.

"Damon said that's what happens when you go MIA for a day." Stefan quoted and Brynley rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut up, I was with E- I was sick, okay?" Brynley replied.

"Tyler was so upset. The look on his face, he was so betrayed." Caroline rambled.

"Wow, this is bad." Stefan sighed.

"You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" Caroline asked.

"You can't! He already wants to kill him." Brynley stood up.

"He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed." Stefan explained.

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You two have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right things to say, okay? And Bryn, you're his bestfriend." Caroline begged. "He and I...we're friends."

-

Stefan and Bryn stood in the Lockwood Mansion in one of the offices, waiting for Tyler.

"Tyler, it's okay." Brynley promised once the Lockwood boy walked in.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, I just want to talk." Stefan said.

"Then why did you break in?" Tyler asked.