bonus chapter :)

HI SO THIS IS A BONUS CHAPTER WHERE BRYN LEARNS HOW TO FLY AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO POST THIS A MONTH AGO BUT ITS OKAY

This takes place in chapter 37: first day back, after Brynley and Elijah go to meet Damon.

"Where are we going?" Brynley asked as Elijah dragged her through the woods of Mystic Falls. The couple had just gone to meet Damon, discussing Klaus and all that.

"It's a surprise." Elijah smirked and Brynley gave him a look. The two eventually stopped at a cliff with a field of grass below it. Brynley looked at her boyfriend, confused why they were here. "So, I texted your father-"

"You and my dad text now?" Brynley crossed her arms.

"Just in case you're ever in danger and so he knows where you are when he's out of town. He also sends me the occasional baby picture of you." Elijah shrugged and Brynley rolled her eyes. "And he mentioned that you haven't used your wings at all since you got them."

"They were literally pushed out of my body, just seeing them reminds me of it." Brynley frowned.

"I know, but you need to learn how to use them," Elijah said and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, standing behind her. "And I'm going to help you."

"You're not a fairy." Brynley reminded and Elijah smiled, kissing her shoulder.

"I've dealt with fairies before, my love." Elijah replied.

"Can't we just go get food or something?" Brynley asked and Elijah gave her a look, not wanting her to be scared.

"We'll get food after." Elijah promised.

"Lijah, I really don't want to." Brynley shook her head.

Elijah placed his hands on her face and smiled down at her. "Let's just try, okay? Please, for me?"

"Fine." Brynley agreed reluctantly and slipped off her bracelet, handing it to Elijah. She grabbed Elijah's hand and held it tightly as he wings began to grow from her back.

Brynley looked up to see the pretty silver wings on her back and Elijah smiled. "I'm dating a goddess."

"Sure." Brynley said sarcastically with a giggle. "So how exactly are we going to do this?"

"Just hold my hand for now." Elijah began and Brynley slipped her hand into his, nodding.

"Should I just like...jump?" Brynley questioned before hopping and Elijah laughed. "Don't laugh at me!"

"I'm not, I'm not." Elijah shook his head.

"This is stupid." Brynley crossed her arms.

"No, no, hey, you need to learn how to fly." Elijah whispered and grabbed her hands. "Close your eyes."

Brynley closed her eyes and sighed before Elijah began to speak again. "Just take deep breaths, okay?"

"So, why don't you want to fly?" Elijah asked.

"What? I want to fly, I do." Brynley replied. "I'm just scared."

"Brynley." Elijah said quietly. "Talk about your wings, the day you got them."

"It was the night of the sacrifice." Brynley began. "My wings were forced out of my body, and I literally felt like I was dying."

"Well the spell could've killed you so-"

"Not helping." Brynley cut him off. "I was terrified and in so much pain. Every time I think about the wings and try to fly, it's like I can feel the same pain in my body all over again."

"Okay," Elijah nodded and rubbed her shoulder. "Keep taking deep breaths."

Brynley closed her eyes again and took another deep breath.

"What do you think flying would feel like?" Elijah asked.

"I think it would actually be so fun, I'm just scared," Brynley sighed, her eyes still closed. "It's probably one of those things that make you feel like you could do anything. Just flying around, like a bird."

Elijah smiled at that, his smile growing when he saw her wings began to move slightly and her feet lifting off the ground.

"I would probably feel..." Brynley mumbled. "Free."

"Bryn," Elijah tapped her shoulder. "Look."

The fairy opened her eyes, flinching when she noticed she wasn't on the ground anymore. She was eight feet off the ground and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god!" Brynley yelled, fear rising in her chest. She began to wobble and Elijah sped over, catching her before she could hit the ground.

"Are you alright?" Elijah questioned and Brynley nodded hesitantly. "You did it."

"And then I fell." Brynley whispered.

"Try again." Elijah shrugged.

"No-"

"Please." Elijah begged and Brynley sighed, nodding. "You can do it."

Brynley stood back up and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and her wings began to flap. Her feet letter off the ground and she began to rise. Brynley opened her eyes and smiled. She flew to the right and then to left as Elijah smiled up at her proudly.

"Yes!" Brynley squealed and flew up even higher. "I did it!"

"You did it." Elijah grinned.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲, 𝐞. 𝐦𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧¹ 🎉