34. life to the fullest

s3e5: the reckoning

The beginning of September is approaching, and Brynley decided to become the definition of 'living life to the fullest.' She had accepted the fact that she was dying and wanted to make most of the time she had. Every since Chicago, the Fletcher girl hasn't shed another tear. She didn't want to waste time on crying, so she had been making sure she's had no time to cry. Whether she was with her friends or her dad, Brynley surrounded herself with people, people that made her happy.

So, it August 31st, and senior year started tomorrow. This means tonight was senior prank night and Brynley and Tyler have teamed up for some mischief. The two bestfriends along with Caroline, who was now Tyler's girlfriend, Elena, and Bonnie sat in a dark classroom, setting up mousetraps. Matt walked in and turned on the light, setting off the mousetraps.

"Really Matt?" Brynley looked at her blonde bestfriend.

"Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?" Caroline yelled.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler crossed his arms.

"Clearly." Matt said and Brynley smiled.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year." Caroline reminded.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena grinned.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt admitted.

"Well, I'm gonna be dead soon so might as well." Brynley whispered low enough for nobody to hear.

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie said.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..." Caroline.

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena asked.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care." Caroline shrugged.

"I'm with you, Caroline," Brynley stood up. "We need to make memories."

"You're all lame. And we've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler picked up his bag. "Come on, B."

Brynley grabbed her bag and left the classroom.

-

Brynley stood in a science classroom, gluing a desk shut. She heard a slam and quickly ran outside to see a blonde girl, an unconscious Caroline, and Tyler. The blonde turned around to face Brynley and the fairy's eyes widened.

"You- You're Rebekah!" Brynley walked closer and Rebekah smiled.

"You know who I am, so I'm guessing you're Elijah's fairy soulmate." Rebekah guessed and Brynley nodded. "Brynley, isn't it?"

"Yes." Brynley nodded and wondered if she knew about the side effects that Elijah being daggered had on her. "So do you want to let go of my bestfriend or?"

"No can do, love." Rebekah smiled and dragged Tyler to the gym, Brynley following.

"Get off of me!" Tyler yelled and Brynley rolled her eyes when she saw Klaus.

"Hush now." Rebekah demanded.

"I'd like you all to meet my sister Rebekah. Word of warning...She can be quite mean." Klaus smirked.

"Mhm, she's the mean one." Brynley mumbled.

"Don't be an ass." Rebekah said to Klaus.

"He already is." Brynley shrugged and the blonde original threw Tyler at Klaus. "Klaus, please leave him out of this."