19. playing the hero

"Morning, sunshine." A werewolf named Stevie smiled at Damon. "I saw this movie once, some torture porn flick. Anyway, they had this collar device that was really cool, so I just modified it some with some wooden nails, and when I pull..."

Stevie pulled wooden stakes into Damon's neck and he groaned in pain.

"So I hear you have the moonstone." Jules walked into the room.

"Oh, if you only knew the irony of this moment right now. Let me tell you how this is gonna go. You're gonna torture me, I don't talk, someone loses a heart. Last time, it was your boy Mason." Damon laughed

"This time, it'll be you." Jules whispered. "And to encourage you to talk....Bring her in!"

Two werewolves brought in a tied-up and blind-folded Brynley and Damon looked up at her. Jules walked over to the brunette girl and untied her mouth and took off her blindfold. Brynley opened her eyes to see Damon.

"Oh my god, Damon, are you okay?" Brynley asked frantically.

"You shouldn't be worrying about him right now, sweetie," Jules said and took out a knife. "You should worry about yourself. Here's how it's gonna go Damon, if you don't talk, those stakes against your neck get pushed in further and we get to found out how much blood Blue-Eyes can loose before she kicks the bucket."

"Damon, don't tell her anything." Brynley begged.

"Tink, she'll kill you." Damon argued.

"No, she won't, because she can't," Brynley looked at Jules with a slight smirk on her face. "She knows I'm a Hollis fairy, she knows my mom has pretty much fallen off the face of the Earth, and she knows that if I'm dead, she can't break the curse, because I'm the one who can break it."

Jules glared at Brynley before waking over to her and stabbing a knife in her shoulder, Brynley shrieking in pain.

"Where's the moonstone?" Jules asked and Damon stood silent. Jules walked back over to Brynley and pushed the knife that rested inside her shoulder to further, Brynley sobbing in pain. "Damn it Damon, you're making her cry!"

"That's so funny because my brother said the exact same thing to me a couple days ago." Damon joked and Brynley shot him a look. "Sorry B."

"You know what the great thing about buckshot is? It scatters through the body. Maximum damage." Jules pointed a shotgun at Damon. "Where's the moonstone?"

"Get over it, honey. You're never gonna get it." Damon continued to deny.

"Hey Brynley, how we make the your shoulders identical, huh?" Jules smirked, picked up another knife, and was about to shove it into Brynley's other shoulder.

"You looking for this?" A voice stopped Jules and everyone turned to look at Elijah, who twirled the moonstone in his hand and Brynley let out a sigh of relief. Elijah placed the moonstone on the table. "Go ahead. Take it."

One of wolves rushed over only to have Elijah stick his hand in his chest. The other two rushed over, leaving Brynley to drop on the floor.

"Bryn, close your eyes." Elijah requested and Brynley shut her eyes while Elijah killed every werewolf except Jules, who got away, and Stevie who stood in the corner.

"What about you, sweetheart, hmm? You want to take a shot? Yes? No? Yes?" Elijah looked down at Stevie. "Where's Elena?"

"I don't know." Damon shrugged.

"It doesn't really matter." Elijah sighed and punched Stevie in the face. "Alright, everything is Bryn-appropriate."

"Shut up." Brynley mumbled as Elijah bent down and pulled the knife out of her shoulder, her groaning in pain.