37. first day back

s3e13: bringing out the dead

It was the following morning. Elijah had spent the night at the Fletcher household, not wanting to leave Brynley's side. She spent the night wrapped in Elijah's arms, falling asleep with a smile on her face. Elijah smirked down at the girl before he carefully and quietly removed his arms from around her and got up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" Brynley sat up and Elijah looked at her.

"I'm sorry for waking you." Elijah apologized and placed his hands on her face. "I'm meeting Damon, he's the one who undaggered me."

"It's fine, I didn't need to sleep anyways, I just did it for two months straight." Brynley laughed and Elijah smiled. "Can I come with you?"

"Yes, once you eat breakfast." Elijah whispered and Brynley nodded before bringing their lips together for a kiss. After they pulled away, Elijah looked at her. "What?"

"Are you my boyfriend now?" Brynley whispered and blush rose to her cheeks, slightly embarrassed about asking.

"If you're comfortable with that," Elijah sat down next to the girl on the bed and Brynley nodded. "Then yes."

-

Brynley and Elijah walked through the woods, hand in hand, and eventually met up with Damon Salvatore, who Brynley learned he had to thank for undaggering Elijah.

"Thank you." Brynley ran up to the Salvatore and hugged him. "Thank you for bringing us back."

"What can I say? I missed you, pixie dust," Damon shrugged and looked at Elijah. "Elijah. My favorite Original, back from the dead. Clean up nice."

"You left something in my jacket pocket." Elijah pulled out a note.

"Oh, yeah. 'Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother, XOXO.'" Damon smirked and Brynley walked back over to Elijah.

"Damon." Elijah whispered.

"Was I right to undagger you or are we gonna have a problem?" Damon asked.

"I'm here, let's talk." Elijah said.

"I'll start with an easy question. Any idea what kind of Klaus-killing weapon could be magically sealed in a mystery coffin?"

-

Brynley stood in a bedroom in the Mikaelson mansion, one that Klaus claimed was for her and Elijah. She held up two hangers: one had a simple, pink dress on it that she would pair with a black jean jacket and small black heels. She brought that outfit from home, while the other one Klaus had given her from Rebekah's closet. It was a black, leather skirt that had a designer 'Gucci' belt on it and a white blouse.

"I like the pink one, but you would look great in both." Elijah walked into the room and wrapped his arms around Brynley's waist, looking at the other outfit that was Rebekah's. "This one doesn't seem very you though."

"Klaus gave it to me from Rebekah's closet," Brynley rolled her eyes as she placed both outfits on the bed. "He said that I was a Mikaelson now and had to dress like one, and I think my floral shirts and jeans with butterflies embroidered on them doesn't exactly say 'Mikaelson.'"

"Don't listen to him." Elijah shook his head. "I happen to love those jeans. They're very you."

"I hate him." Brynley whispered.

"I know," Elijah sighed and kissed her cheek. "But just tolerate him, for me, please?"

Elijah felt slightly guilty for even asking that of her. Klaus killed her mother and tried to kill her.

"Fine." Brynley agreed and turned around.

-

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah and Brynley walked into the room, him dressed in a suit and Bryn dressed in the pink dress and heels. Stefan and Damon followed behind them.

"Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized people, shall we?" Klaus invited them all to sit down in the dining room.

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah recommended.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out." Stefan shrugged.

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours." Klaus threatened and everyone sat down and began to eat, except Stefan. Klaus looked at him. "You lost your appetite."

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Damon reminded and Stefan began to eat.

Brynley grabbed a piece of garlic bread and looked down around, trying not to laugh at the awkward room.

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" Klaus asked Damon.

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier," Damon shrugged and pointed at Brynley. "Oh, and I had to wake her up."

"Thanks for that." Brynley smiled.

"Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through." Klaus said and Elijah rolled his eyes slightly.

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Stefan questioned.

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." Klaus admitted.

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." Damon warned.

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." Stefan sassed.

"Yup, this is exactly how I wanted to spend my first day back." Brynley whispered to Elijah and he smiled apologetically at her.

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself." Damon looked at his brother.

a/n: OMG ITS OFFICIAL