(8) Rubatosis

(( A/N: There's?? 2K reads on this Fic? I don't know what to do with myself? I was excited when it reached 100, honestly. Thank you all so, so much. I'm really glad I'm able to share my work with an audience that enjoys it. This sounds like a generic thank you, I know, but all the love really does mean a lot to me. Thank you, so much. Enjoy the chapter, you guys have earned it.))

The dark green tile under Severus boots shone vividly in the dawn light, glinting harshly off the silver cauldron before him. Outside, a crow called, causing the elf's ears to twitch. He looked up at them, watching as a sixth crow fluttered down beside the rest of the dark birds. They sat in a perfect row on top of the shed, watching Severus from their perches in the garden. He sighed. Continuing to stir the cauldron in front of him, Severus summoned his usual glass vials, scooping the appropriate amount of potion in to each.
Since Neville had been killed on Hogwarts grounds, security had been tightened significantly. Annoyingly, it meant Severus would have to go through quite a bit of trouble to get those potions to Madam Pomfrey on time. With a huff, he tucked each vial in to the pockets in his coat.
He wasn't the only one suffering due to the new security. Severus had barely seen his grieving Master, as the ministry was pushing him to present a strong face, and help them track down the killers. That wasn't to say Harry didn't want to help, but the man was tired. Everyone was tired. People that they loved had been killed, of course they were tired! Severus pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to fight his growing headache. He grumbled as the crows outside squawked again.
Hermione had been attacked as well. While Hermione survived, she did not see the attackers. But, there had definitely been more then one there, shooting spells and curses from the shadows like the cowards they all were. With yet another sigh, Severus walked over to his shelves, storing the potions for when he'd deliver them later that day.
Sharp ears jumped happily as the sound of the floo igniting emitted from the living room. Quickly, Severus wiped off his hands, extinguishing the fire under his cauldron before hurrying out to greet his Harry.
The young man looked rather tattered. His clothes were thrown askew, hair wind blown, eyes dull and exhausted, but a soft smile still sat on his lips.
"Hey, Sev," He croaked softly.
The elf was by his side in a few fast strides, guiding him to the couch and sitting him down. "Sev, c'mon, relax."
"I am getting you tea," Severus huffed.
"You can get me tea later, sit down, please," Harry countered, tugging on the sleeve of the man's robe. He eased himself back on to the dark leather couch, looking up at Severus pleadingly.
The elf's ear twitched.
He couldn't stand his Master's puppy-dog eyes. Honestly, he was worse then Teddy was, using those bright green eyes against him, knowing there was no way Severus could deny him when he looked so helpless.
"...Of course, Master," He resigned at last, sitting down as Harry wrapped an arm around his waist.
"How are you doing? We haven't been around each other much." The auror tucked a bit of hair behind Severus' ear, giving him a tired smile. The elf kissed his cheek, causing that smile to brighten a bit.
"I've been alright, Master. There is no reason to worry. You, on the other hand-" Severus glared. "-Need a nap this instant. You look exhausted. Come now, you need rest." Getting to his feet, the elf pulled his master up, starting to drag him out of the living room. He would carry Potter if he had to, anything to get the idiot to sleep.
"You're gonna pull my arm off, Sev," Harry teased, laughing at Severus' pout-like glare.
"I would never do such a thing," The elf snapped, obviously in a mood, causing Harry to shut his mouth quickly.
Said mouth stayed shut even as they reached the bedroom, and Harry coaxed Severus in to napping with him.
"Better?" The elf sighed. Hearing Harry's sleepy mumble of agreement made his heart flutter a bit; his Master sounded so happy. Severus snuggled up to Harry's chest, listening to his strong heart pound away, a soft smile on his face.

Harry groaned softly at the delicious smell in the air, lifting his head a bit to catch another whiff of it. Forcing his eyes to open, he yawned. He didn't want to get up, but he knew the aurors would worry if he stayed home. Even worse, Severus would worry if he stayed home, and he stressed that poor man out enough.
Speaking of Severus, that scent must have been coming from him. Swinging his legs over the side of the bed, Harry got up, stretching his arms high above him as he began to pad down the stairs.