(17) Desiring Rest

((A/N: Thank god for sound cloud, and xmunchx , you've both kept me going and working on this fic. Next chapter will hopefully not take as long as this one! We're only a third of the way through this story. There's a lot more to discover. Stay tuned! ☺️✨))

   The group chose not to speak of Harry's chance encounter with the intimidating pureblood. If anyone mentioned it, Harry would become fidgety, and anxious, so the topic was dutifully avoided. Despite the fear it seemed to spark in the young man, the event had still led to the anklet being removed, meaning the three of them could apparate back to Britain.
   That was, after Harry had some time to rest.
   Severus sighed, eyes heavy with sleep as his Master shifted beside him, the two of them crammed on to one twin sized bed. Sev had offered to sleep on the floor, but it had not gone over well with Harry, who wouldn't hear another word about the idea, no matter how much the elf tried to convince him. Had he not been so exhausted, Harry could have used his magic to extend it, but after the adrenaline rush like the one they'd just had? The idea was hopeless. Yet, now that they were laying together, limbs tangled, torsos pressed together, Harry's head buried in his neck... perhaps sharing the bed had not been all that bad of an idea. Everything felt better when he was relaxing with his Master, their breathing working in tandem as their hearts beat beside each other. Sev sighed, running a hand up Harry's warm back, smoothing it over the heated skin of his broad shoulder blades.
   Harry inhaled deeply.
   "Hmmm, Severus?" He sighed, yawning, his muscles shifting as he stretched himself out, arms tightening around the elf, drawing him closer to his chest as a strong hand sprawled itself across the older man's lower back. "Y'sleep alright?" His Master's voice was low, and slurred, still obviously exhausted from... everything. Severus did not even know what to call everything they'd been through. Chaos? Pain? Hell? Yes, hell would work.
   "Yes, Master, I slept well," He assured the man. In truth, he had been laying there for the past hour, merely listening to the way the young man in his arms breathed, but he had gotten at least five hours of sleep, perhaps six. That would be enough for him. Anything was enough for him, as long as Harry was happy. "I am hoping you have done the same?" He asked, keeping his voice low, and soft, not wanting to wake Kingsley in the bed beside their own. The elf sighed as he felt Harry's lips against his neck, warm and loving, smiling at the man as he scooted up, resting his forehead against Severus' own. "Is that a yes?"
   "It's a 'yes, because you were there'," Harry hummed, his hand coming up to slowly run through Severus' knotted hair, gently working out the tangles that had made their home there, a soft groan escaping him as Sev began to massage his shoulders.
   "I'm glad my presence could be of use to you," The elf hummed, using the balls of his palms to massage the stiff muscles, urging them to relax as Harry sighed. "Are you still sore?"
   "If I say yes, will you keep going, Love?" Harry smiled slightly, eyes shut in bliss, practically purring as Sev kissed his nose.
   The elf chuckled, sitting up, gently pushing Harry on to his stomach as the man looked up at him through sleepy, bleary eyes, which fluttered shut as Severus continued to knead his sore, scarred shoulders.
   "Mmm..."
   "I should go get us some breakfast, Master," Severus pointed out, though he loathed the idea of leaving his sweet Master's side. The man beneath him opened his eyes once again with a frown.
   "Yeah, I'll come down with you," He decided, sitting up with a grunt, causing Severus' heart to leap to his throat. Harry was so unbelievably sore, and probably ill; Merlin only knew what that terrible anklet had done to him!
   Quickly, the elf took Harry by the shoulders, guiding him to lay down once more as the man frowned up at him, a strong hand finding Severus' waist as Harry rolled on to his back. Peering up at his lover, Harry placed another hand on his waist, rubbing his thumbs over the sunken form of Severus' stomach. Slowly, the hands trailed up his sides, and to Snape's ribs, which stuck out far more than his stomach, protruding and uncomfortable. The elf looked away from Harry, not wanting to see that expression of pain that flashed on his Master's face.
   "Severus."
   The man still did not look at Harry.
   "Severus, you were already too slim before. Not that- not that I think you're ugly, or anything, you're absolutely beautiful," Harry stammered. "But, Sev... Love, look at me..." Oh, how could he deny such a sweet request? He turned his head, eyes locking with Harry's as the man gave Severus a soft, patient smile. "Severus, you need someone to care for you as well. That's my job. We are equals. I mean, just think of how much you've changed over the last month! Sweetheart, had I told you something like this then, that I think you're beautiful, that I y'know- I love you? You would have burst into tears."
   Severus felt himself flush at the truth of that statement.
   "You've lost this... this sense of fear around you. You're a lot less jittery now," Harry continued, sitting up despite Severus' panicked protests, gripping the man's thin, cold hand in his own as his lips crashed against Severus'. For a few moments, it was blissfully silent except for the near-silent sound of Harry trailing his hand up and down his fiancé's back as they kissed. With reluctance, the two pulled away, foreheads pressed together as their breath mingled. Perhaps it was not the freshest of breath, as it was very early in the morning, but neither of them seemed to mind. "You've started to trust me more. No- I know what you're going to say," Harry silenced Severus as he let out an indignant gasp. "You're going to say that you have always trusted me. But as much as I really want that to be true... it's- it's not, is it? You were always so scared that I'd be angry with you, always so anxious... and terrified. I hated how scared I made you, I watched you get all wrapped up in your self doubt, but that's lessened since we got together properly. We're becoming equals, Severus. You've helped me so much, all my life. Let me help you too, alright?"
   The elf could do nothing but blankly nod, watching as Harry stood, offering him a hand.
   "Let's get on some actually appropriate clothes, and get some grub, yeah?" His Master grinned, the edges of his eyes turning up as Severus took his hand, deftly getting to his feet as he raised a brow at Harry.
   "If we are equals, why am I using you as support in order to stand?" Severus drawled, holding back a smile as Harry leaned up, kissing his cheek.
   "I'd say that's because I love you."