1I in a gin and tonic trance, we know sobriety won't teach the kids to dance

Chapter One

Cyanide (Creeper)

"in a gin and tonic trance, we know sobriety won't teach the kids to dance"

I woke up to sun streaming onto my face, and his warm tan body next to mine. For a brief second, I had forgotten that he snuck in last night.

I was chilling on my bed, watching You on Netflix. I love me some Penn Badgely. Like, seriously. I grew up watching Gossip Girl with my sister Vittoria. I was nestled under the covers, a bag of Dorito's sitting next to me, when someone was knocking at the door on my small deck. We weren't rich. When I say small deck, I mean just small enough for my room to have a door to the outside. Half the time, I didn't trust the damn thing.

"John B, what are doing here? I literally saw you guys less than an hour ago."

"Can't I just say that I missed you?"

I smiled, opening the door the rest of the way as he leaned down to kiss me.

"John B." I said, gently prodding his shoulder in an attempt to wake him up "Routledge, come on. If my Nonna sees you, I'm dead."

"Would somebody knowing really be that bad?" God, his morning voice was hot

"Yes, because we aren't together. My parents did the same thing, and he's still in another state while we're struggling here. Now get up."

While John B fully woke up, I leaned over and picked up my phone from where I had dropped it onto my carpet.

p a w n  s h o p   b a r r y: yo, we got some new metallica vinyl if you wanna look. I'm opening doors around ten-ish

Now I really needed to find a way to get John out of here. Nothing was going to stand in the way of me and first edition Metallica vinyls on the mainland. "John B, I have places I need to be." I grumbled, pulling on a Beartooth shirt and easing myself out of bed.

"Like where?"

"Barry's got some Metallica vinyls at the pawn shop. He's not gonna hold them all week, you know."

John B was about to respond when we heard footsteps on the landing. I cursed, trying to clean up the disaster we had left in our lust-filled wake last night.

"Sienna?" Nonna called from outside my closed door "Are you awake, amore?"

"Not a word" I hissed to John B as I opened the door to my room "Hi Nonna, I was just getting dressed. I'm going to the pawn shop today to pick up some Metallica records, and then I'm probably going out on the boat with John, JJ, Pope and Kiara. You know, the usual suspects."

"Hi Nonna Barba!" John shouted from behind me

"I thought I told you to be quiet!"

"Oh, is John here?" Nonna tried to push past me to get into my room

"John was just on his way out."

"Was he here all night? He must stay for breakfast." Now she was successfully in my room and could see my shirtless best friend lying my bed. Great.

"I would feel honoured, Nonna Barba."

This is just great.

"Let us get dressed, we'll be right down. John B, go change across the hall. I need to talk to my grandmother alone."

John B shot me a smile as he left my room, clothes in hand. My grandmother stared at the scratches on his back as he walked away.

"You know, I like him more than I liked the Cameron boy." Nonna grinned