6I you will always have a place in my town called revelry

Chapter Six

Can't Kick Up The Roots (Neck Deep)

"if you're looking for a place to decay, there will always be a place in my town called revelry"

Vittoria was ecstatic to be back with us. Honestly, I think she liked Kildare more than Charleston.

The Pogues were excited to meet her. Kiara liked the idea of having another girl around to balance everybody out but was horrified to watch her take a shine to JJ, their rebellious stoner personalities instantly clicking. I wasn't crazy on this idea either, as it would be nice if they could BOTH stay out of jail for the foreseeable future.

Vittoria and I decided to have a day to the two of us, like as a catch-up thing. Vit had of course been gone for three years, so there was a lot to talk about.

"So, let me get this straight- Deacon ended up in jail, Martha got probation and my entire friend group disbanded? Hey, did Martha get a new girlfriend while I was inside? Can it really also be considered cheating?" Vit said, laying down on a picnic table

"Deacon served like, a year. Martha... yeah, she moved on. Sorry, Vit."

"It's okay, I expected her to. Enough about what happened to the people I used to know, what about you? How have you been?"

I took a sip of my slushie while I debated what to say "Well, I dated an older rich guy with a drug problem who is vindictive and now hates my guts. He was eighteen at the time."

"Jesus Christ, Sienna. And I thought I picked all the shitty ones." WE both laughed. Vittoria did not often luck out in the boyfriend/girlfriend department. Her dating history was one crash and burn romance after another.

"Well, I'm dating John B now. He's an angel."

"Good for you, little sis."

"Come on, let's go check out the pawn shop." I got up from the bench, grabbing at Vit's hand "It'll be fun"

"What's so fun about antiques?"

"Come on, there's a ton of neat music stuff!"

Vittoria got to her feet, throwing out her empty slushie cup. "You ever get that new drum kit?"

I nodded "It only took four summers worth of babysitting bratty rich kids on Figure Eight."

"That sounds awful."

"That it was."

The pawn shop was empty today. Hopefully that meant no more run-ins with Rafe Cameron. I knew that if Vittoria knew who broke my heart, she'd be right back in prison for assault.

"Quaint little place." Vit said, walking up an aisle of old Royal Daulton plates "Seems like somewhere Nonna would spend a lot of time."

"Oddly enough, she was the one who introduced me to this place." I said, looking at a crate of old horror movies. Vit and I were going to restart our movie nights, hoping to kick it off with some Wes Craven.

"Who owns this place?"

A twenty-five-year-old drug dealer named Barry who happens to be just your type.

"That would be me." I heard Barry's voice from the back room "I'm Barry, nice to meet you." Jesus Christ, he was walking closer to Vittoria. This was not going to end very well at all.

"Vittoria Franca Barba."

"Oh, you're Sienna's sister."

"You know my sister?"

"She spends enough time here."

I stood up and tried to guide my sister away from Barry. "Stop flirting, he's a known drug dealer, and I will not let you go back to jail because drug dealers happen to be your type."