2I smoke whatever you've got left, it's getting late

Chapter Two

English Girls (The Maine)

"smoke whatever you've got left, it's getting late and we don't have much to lose."

We spent the afternoon on the water. The waves were perfect for surfing. We were till trying to catch waves when the sun went down. We lit a fire on the beach behind my house and JJ and I were screaming Asking Alexandria songs at the top of our lungs before Nonna came outside and yelled at us.

"Sorry Donna!" JJ shouted, taking another hit of his blunt

"Put that away, young man!" Nonna shouted back it him before retreating inside

"You got told, Maybank!" Pope laughed

"You know, you've changed a lot, Sienna. You should be proud of yourself." Kiara said "You were so quiet and reserved when we first met you."

"You were a bit of a loose canon as well." John B cut in

"You showed a lot of restraint today. I thought we were going to have to send Rafe to the hos-"

"JJ!" Kie interrupted

"No, let the boy talk." I said, taking another sip of my Sprite. "I would have, and I could have."

"You should have." JJ said

"No, she shouldn't have. One criminal in the group is enough." Pope protested

"Aye, you just wait until Vittoria gets out. You'll love her!" I laughed

Pope shook his head "What was she in for again?"

"Grand theft auto."

"My kind of woman!" JJ shouted

I shoved him gently before we went back to dancing to the hard rock music I was playing from Kie's speaker. John B was staring at me with an expression I couldn't quite place. Not quite adoration, I don't think. But it wasn't lust either. I'm terrible at reading people. My mom used to be a forensic psychiatrist, but that went out the window when the health issues popped up. Clearly the knowledge of facial expressions wasn't passed down to me.

We used to be Kooks in Charleston. My dad- or Favio, as I now refer to him- was a workaholic district attorney. My mother was a forensic psychiatrist and they had both gone to high school together. One drunken fling turned into what me and John B have now, and then Vittoria was born. They finally decided to start a relationship, and I followed a few years later. My mom went through a lot after my Nonno (grandfather) died, which ultimately lead to her drinking problem and gambling addiction. We lost it all trying to send her into a treatment program we couldn't afford. Vittoria started getting into trouble with the law, Favio was hands-off, didn't offer up a penny. Eventually, we decided moving to Kildare was the best, and only option.

"But seriously, Rafe has no right to treat you like that." John B spoke up "I know it was a messy breakup, but we told you he was bad news at the start."

"Actually, you told me more towards the two-month mark." I pointed out, taking the blunt out of JJ's hand "Remember the day you guys fund out?"

"I honestly thought JJ was going to fight Topper for the opportunity to fight Rafe." Pope said

I had promised to meet up with the Pogues to go out in the marsh on John B's boat. I had been out with Rafe most of the night before on his dad's boat. JJ and John B were driving themselves insane looking for me, so they went straight to my house after picking up Pope.

"I haven't seen her" My mother had told them "I know she went out with someone last night. He dressed nice, think he lives on Figure Eight."