12|you said you loved me. but then you left, said you felt trapped

Chapter Twelve

Train in Vain(The Clash)

"you said you loved me, and that's a fact. but then you left me, said you felt trapped."

I'm not quite sure what I expected, pulling into my driveway and shaking even more grass out of my hair. But I was definitely not expecting to see my father's Porsche Carrera in the driveway, parked next to my mom's old beat up SUV. I had half a mind to drag my car keys down the side as I headed towards the door, but I knew it wouldn't go down well with either parent.

Before I even open the door, I could hear the high pitched Italian yelling. Typical. Mom and Favio couldn't stand to be in the same room as each other since she went to rehab. Walking down the front hallway, I saw my sister in an oversized Champion shirt pacing around behind the island with Pope and John B. the frenzied Italian screaming was getting louder.

"Sienna! John B shouted "I was worried sick!" The taller boy pulled me into his arms and pecked me gently on the forehead.

"Are you hurt?" Vittoria fussed, ruffling my hair and scanning my body for scratches.

I pushed her grabby hands away "I'm fine. Did Barry call? Is he okay?"

"Barry's fine, he's a veteran." Vit shook her head, blonde locks dancing across her shoulders "You missed D.A Douchebag's entrance."

"How long ago did he get here?"

"Maybe twenty minutes?" Pope shrugged "I was just trying to drop off groceries."

"Your mom threw a plate at him, then started screaming in Italian." John B chuckled, putting his arm around my waist. "It was quite entertaining, if you ask me."

"He better know who just tried to kill me." I huffed, pushing my way into the living room.

"We don't want you here, Favio!" My mom shouted in English this time "You've done more than enough!"

"Maybe he could tell me why Rafe and I just got shot up in a pawn shop!" I yelled, standing in front of the person who contributed to 50% of my DNA makeup 

"Damn it. I told them to leave you girls alone!" Favio muttered, burying his head in his hands
Vittoria appeared beside Nonna. "Told who to leave us alone?"

"I've said too much alre-"

"What did you do, Favio!?" I shouted, kicking the leg of the coffee table and causing a few of Nonna's crossword puzzles to fall off the table, revealing the scandalous issues of a men's fitness magazine she had hidden inside a Sudoku book.

"When Isabella went to rehab, and you guys couldn't pay for it, I couldn't exactly afford it either." Favio began

My mom scoffed "I could afford my own rehab just fine, thank you."

"No, Bella, you couldn't. And I wasn't in a place where I could afford it either. We were handling a huge mob bust. I went in to make a plea deal with one of the sons, said he'd give us the granddad. This guy says he knows about my financial situation, and is willing to lend me some money, one Italian to another. I didn't say no."

"And you almost got Sienna killed?" Vittoria shouted

"I told them I'd pay them back!" Favio shouted back

Favio stared at his expensive dress shoes "Sangue nero. One of the most violent crime families in Charleston."

"You absolute idiota" Nonna spat, hitting him upside the head "You've put my daughter, and my grandbabies at risk."

Mom shook her head in shock "You disgust me."

"I didn't think they'd come after Sienna! I needed the money!" Favio protested

"I almost had enough! You didn't have to steal from the mob!" Vittoria shouted

"I didn't steal! It was a loan!"

"And now we're going to pay for it!" I concluded

Favio sighed, trying to slink further into the couch. He knew the risks when he borrowed the money. He just didn't want to use his own money on the woman he supposedly once loved, and the children he had helped to create.

Another plate crashed against a wall, this one courtesy of Nonna. "How dare you put my family at risk! You're going to fix this before irreversible damage is done!"

"There's nothing I can do now! Cynthia won't let me pay them back! She wants us to take the high road, and I agree."

"Fuck Cynthia." I said " Rafe and I got shot at today, I had to jump out a window and your stupid new girlfriend is stopping you from stopping Sangue nero form killing us?"

"Sienna-"

"Nope." I protested. "I'm going to Kiara's. And I'm not coming back until he's gone and has fixed whatever mess he's created."