Part 13

I jumped to my feet and ran out of the tent and looked up. Several people were flying down and McGonagall was hurrying over to us, a worried look on her usually stern face.

"Professor!" I exclaimed in relief.

"Hermione!" I shouted and I heard her groggy voice respond. "What? What's happened?"

"They're here. Hermione. They're here." Malfoy emerged from the tent with Pansy beside him and both of them smiled in relief.

McGonagall stopped in front of me and, before I knew it, I had been pulled into a tight hug. She had never hugged me, or as far as I had seen, anyone, so it was a very strange feeling.

"You're alright, Potter?" I nodded.

"Yes Professor. But only because we had a good healer." She pulled away and I pointed at Malfoy.

"Is that true Mr. Malfoy?" Malfoy looked at me in confusion, then slowly nodded.

"Yes Professor. But I had help, too." He wasn't taking all the credit for himself? He really had changed out here.

"Who all is hurt?" McGonagall asked.

"Well, just about everyone except Luna, but Draco managed to fix us all up. Hermione is awake, but she hasn't been able to move yet. Well, not her legs." Pansy explained.

"Alright. Filius!" Professor Flitwick came hurrying over. I honestly hadn't seen him near the carriages.

"Go get the healers. They will take Miss Granger to St. Mungo's and the others back to Hogwarts for an examination by Madam Pomfrey."

Professor Flitwick nodded, then hurried over to the other carriage that looked like a magical version of an ambulance.

He returned a few moments later with two men with a gurney floating between them.

"Mr. Malfoy, Miss Parkinson, please follow Professor Flitwick to the medical carriage. I and Madam Hooch will find your trunks." I looked up and saw the Quidditch coach flying above us on a broom. Sneaky.

Malfoy and Pansy went with Professor Flitwick, a look of relief on each of their faces. I definitely understood the feeling. We were okay now. Everything would be okay.

"We heard that there was a paralyzed victim of the crash?" One of the healers asked as he walked over. I nodded then led them inside the tent.

"Over here. The carriage fell on her and we managed to get her out, but she hasn't been able to move her legs since."

They lowered the gurney and got Hermione onto it. She had tears in her eyes, but from pain or relief I wasn't sure. Maybe both.

"Yaxley, over here." Yaxley? Why did that name sound familiar?

The healers led us to the back corner of the tent.

One of them, one with short blonde hair and a mean face, grabbed my good arm much tighter than was necessary, and the other grabbed Hermione's and Yaxley's. What was going on?

Before I could ask, however, they spun on the spot and we were instantly in suffocating blackness.

I had no idea what was going on, but one thing was clear. Everything was not going to be okay.