Part 16

I woke up sore. Everywhere hurt. My side, my head, everywhere. Whether from the Cruciatus Curse or the dagger, I wasn't certain.

I slowly opened my eyes and registered the fact that I was in the Hospital Wing, not
St. Mungo's. That's good. It means I'm not hurt that badly, right? That I'm good?

"Harry!" Someone embraced me in a tight hug and I could smell soup and chickens and knew that it was Mrs. Weasley.

"We were worried sick when they told us you had crashed and then you disappeared! I have never trusted carriages and I never will again!"

I slowly raised my arm and patted her back. It hurt like mad, but I just really needed a hug.

"I'm okay now." I said, my voice hoarse, and she pulled away, tears in her eyes.

"Oh Harry dear...I'm so sorry that happened to you. I will have a strong word with the Headmaster and-"

"It wasn't his fault. It was the Death Eaters'."
Mrs. Weasley covered her mouth in shock.

"They made us crash, then took Hermione and I away. It wasn't Dumbledore's fault."

As soon as I finished speaking, Madam Pomfrey came bustling over.

"You're awake!"

"Either that or sleep talking."

"Harry shh." Mrs. Weasley said and I gave a small smile. I liked having a Mother.

"Drink this." Madam Pomfrey handed me a cup that looked much like the ones artists use to clean their paintbrushes. I could only imagine how terrible it tasted. Well, I didn't have to imagine.

I drained the cup in one gulp, then retched over the side of my bed. Sadly, nothing coming out.

"It will help your internal bleeding, so stop. I'll say, if Mr. Malfoy hadn't brought back the bloodroot, you would have had to go to
St. Mungo's. My supply ran out last week in a Quidditch incident. The Slytherins had no mercy on those poor Hufflepuffs." She told me, then started talking more to Mrs. Weasley.

"H-Hermione?" I gasped out. "Where is Hermione?"

"St. Mungo's. She had to have surgery to repair her legs, but they are confident that she will walk again." Thank Merlin.

"What about the others? Pansy and Malfoy and Luna?"

"They are fine. I healed them up a few days ago." I looked at her in confusion.

"Days ago?" She sighed.

"Mr. Potter, you were unconscious for four days."

I was shocked. I had been out four days? Four?!

"Wh-Why? Why couldn't you just take it out and heal me? Why so long?" I hated being bedridden for long amounts of time, which probably sounded strange seeing how often I ended up in the Hospital Wing.

"Because healing, even magical healing, takes time. The dagger pierced several organs which had to heal, and I also had to take care of the bleeding. That is why I am so surprised that you didn't end up having to go to St. Mungo's. I guess you have a very resilient body."

I gave a weak chuckle. "You know me Madam Pomfrey. The boy who can't die." Mrs. Weasley smiled, then handed me a cup of purple liquid.

"Drink this. You need to sleep." I shook my head and tried to sit up, but they immediately pushed me back down.

"I just slept for four days! I'm fine!"

"You are not fine. You are still healing. I will bring Professor McGonagall in here if I have to." Madam Pomfrey threatened and I glared at her as I took the cup.

As soon as I swallowed, my eyelids felt heavy and I quickly collapsed onto my pillows, everything around me becoming muffled.

****

I woke up sometime later and saw none other than Malfoy sitting in the chair beside my bed.

I looked out the window and saw that it was nighttime. Mrs. Weasley must have either gone home or to get food. Maybe both.

"You're awake." I bit back my response. It was just too easy.

I reached out a hand and Malfoy slowly took it. He seemed surprised by the gesture.

"How are you feeling?"

"You know, like I just got stabbed. But I'm still alive though, so I'm good." Malfoy chuckled.

"Well, you are the Boy Who Lived. It's an oxymoron for you to die." I smiled.

"True."

As much as he tried to hide it, I could see the relief in his face. He really was glad that I was alright. Strange how being trapped in the wild with someone can form a bond, even between enemies.

"Hey. Come here." Malfoy slowly stood and moved closer.

"What? Do you need more potion or somet-"

I leaned forward and attached my lips to his. It was what I had meant to do four days ago but hadn't had the chance. It was about damn time.

I slowly pulled away, a grin on my face. "What was that for?" Malfoy asked in surprise. His voice didn't mask the pleasure his face was trying to hide though.

"For not giving up on me. And for showing me that life is too fucking short." Malfoy grinned at that and I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him back down again.