Part 17

Madam Pomfrey let me go three days later. She kept saying how she had to wait and see if anything would change, but, as I figured, nothing did.

"How you have survived You-Know-Who three times, I'll never-"

"Five times. Five. And it's like I said. I'm the boy who can't die." Madam Pomfrey chuckled as she handed me my school robes. After so long, it was strange to put on a shirt.

I hurried out of the Hospital Wing and met Ron right outside. He quickly embraced me in a hug, his grin stretching from ear to ear.

"You're okay!" I chuckled.

"Yeah I'm okay! Why didn't you visit me?" I asked with a slight pout. I had thought he of all people would.

"Sorry mate, but I was visiting Hermione. You'll never guess who was there too."

"Who?"

"Pansy Parkinson! She would rarely leave Hermione's side! You know, I think something might be going on there." I chuckled, remembering them cuddling together and laughing in the tent.

"Really? I wonder how that happened."

****

A week later found Draco and I snogging in a broom closet right next to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Harry?"

"Mmm?" I asked as I nibbled the sensitive spot on his neck.

"It's-this isn't-Merlin...this can't work."

"I know."

He said that every time we made out, and every time I stopped he would pull me back again.

"Seriously. It can't-It can't work."

"Alright."

I made to stand, but he pulled me back down. "Where do you think you're going?" I grinned as I placed my lips back onto his.

We jumped apart again by someone hammering on the door.

"Harry! Stop snogging that git and get out here!" Ron called through the wood.

"I'm going to choose not to take that personally." Malfoy grumbled as he stood. I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, then opened the door.

"What, Ron?" I asked as I straightened my tie.

"Hermione's back!" He exclaimed and I grinned then quickly grabbed Draco's hand and dragged him down the stairs, chasing after Ron.

We skidded to a halt outside of the Entrance Hall and saw Hermione in a wheelchair being pushed up the slope by Pansy. I grinned at the two of them and ran over, forgetting that my hand was still holding Draco's.

"Hermione!" I finally let go of Draco's hand and wrapped my arms tightly around Hermione. "You're back!" She smiled as she wrapped her arms around me as well.

"I'm back!" She said happily.

Ron shoved me aside and embraced Hermione tightly. I fell to the ground beside Draco and chuckled.

"Did you really have to drag me all the down here?" He asked and I grinned as I pecked his lips.

"Where's the fun in leaving you behind?" He rolled his eyes, a smile on his face.

"So Pansy. You and Granger a thing now?" Draco asked and Pansy grinned.

"You got a problem with that Malfoy?" He chuckled.

"Seeing as I'm dating a bloke, I can't really talk, can I?" Pansy chuckled and I grinned as I stood, then held out a hand to help Draco up.

"So you and Harry are together? You're a thing?" Hermione questioned as Pansy pushed her wheelchair up the slope.

"I guess we just needed a little persuasion." I said with a wink and Hermione grinned.

"I knew it!" I smiled at the excitement in her voice.

We followed the two into the castle, then watched in amazement as Pansy helped Hermione slowly rise from her chair.

"You're walking already Granger?" Draco asked, surprise evident in his voice.

"I'm getting there. I refused to give up and was in the P.T. room twenty four/seven." I smiled. That sounded like Hermione.

"Can't really have a wheelchair at Hogwarts, can you?" She asked and Draco actually shook his head.

"There are separate staircases that turn into a ramp if you wave your wand. It's how kids like Lucas Summers and Cassie Lakes get to their classes."

Pansy wrapped an arm around Hermione's waist and helped her into the Great Hall. It was nearly dinner, anyway.

"What will your parents say about you dating Granger?" I heard Draco ask Pansy softly. Right. Their family is all about blood status.

"My parents can fuck it." I saw Hermione grin and I felt an identical one spread across my face.