Part 15

I felt as if my head was splitting in two. "Harry!" Hermione shouted and she dragged herself over to me and put a cool hand on my head. It did nothing for the pain.

"Bella. Why do you summon me when you know I have business to attend to?" A familiar cold voice asked and I felt my body fill with fear. No wand. No strength. I had nothing.

Despite the fact that my head was still aching, I pushed myself to my feet. I grabbed Hermione's wand out of her hand and pointed it at Voldemort.

"Expelliarmus!" He jerked his hand to the side and my spell rebounded. I jumped to the left and the jet of red light smashed a vase behind me.

"Ah. Harry Potter. You have evaded me for so long and my most trusted Death Eater brings you back."

My entire body was shaking, but I tried to calm it. I couldn't show fear. It would only give him strength.

"Actually My Lord," The man named Yaxley started, "It was I and Dolohov who found him. We retrieved him when our carriage crash failed." So it had been a Death Eater.

I felt someone tugging on my pants and looked down and saw Hermione jerking her head to the side. I looked to where her eyes were going. The fireplace. What was she trying to say?

Voldemort retorted to Yaxley, but I studied the mantelpiece instead of their conversation. There were several jars and a few photos on the mantelpiece, but I recognized a particular clear jar of grey powder. Floor Powder! Hermione, you're a genius.

I nodded my head to the fireplace and Hermione nodded and slowly started moving over there. Too keep the others distracted, I spoke.

"Your carriage crash nearly killed my friends. They have done nothing to you and yet you tried to murder them." Bellatrix cackled.

"That's the cost of war, Potty. And anyone who associates with you already has a foot in the grave." She covered her mouth, a look of fake regret on her face. "Oh. Sorry. Bad choice of words." She cackled again and turned to face Voldemort.

"My Lord. May I have the honor-" "No Bella. It is something I must do. A prophecy I must fulfill." I glanced over at Hermione. She was still a few feet too far.

"You want a fight? Then a fight you'll have." I had to keep them distracted, even if it meant getting hurt in the process.

"So eager young Potter. Are you just finally admitting defeat? You know that you don't stand a chance, so you are giving up?"

"You know me Voldy. I never give up." I only called him that because I knew it would piss him off to hear it.

"You dare-" "Quiet Bella." Bellatrix was fuming. I glanced at Hermione. Any second now...

Voldemort raised his wand, but I was too quick for him. I didn't aim for him though. I aimed for the chandelier on the ceiling.

"Diffindo!" The chandelier started falling and I heard several screams, but I ignored them and ran to the fire.

I grabbed a handful of the floo powder, hoisted Hermione to her feet despite her cries, and dragged her into the emerald flames.

"Hogwarts!" I shouted and we disappeared. Before we did though, I felt a sudden pain in my side and heard Voldemort give an angry scream.

We spun around and around until we finally stopped in the Hospital Wing's fireplace. Hermione and I both fell to the floor and I saw people running towards us. I recognized Malfoy and Pansy and Madam Pomfrey through the tears in my eyes.

I looked down to see what was hurting my stomach so and saw a dagger sticking out of it, deeply embedded.

"Shit..." I gasped out before everything went black.