Chapter 01

"Among all the surgeries out there, the surgeries for brain and spinal cord are the most dangerous.. One small mistake, you'll be taking your patient's life.."

The doctor glanced at the hall and signaled a boy to stand up who was raising his hand..

"Dr.Wang? Can someone die during a brain surgery?"

He put a new slide in his presentation for the students before answering the question..

"Yes.. Among all the brain surgeries, Awake brain surgery carries the most potential for risks and complications.."

He adjusted his glasses and turned off the projecter before starting to pace around the stage with the mic in his hand..

".. Brain swelling, Infections, bleeding, brain damage or worse, death.. So you understand the importance of your job right?"

He went to the small desk on the stage and looked straight at the faces who are staring right back at him..

"Remember this very carefully.. Being a neurosurgeon is not easy... If you feel like you are not confident enough, you should leave from this right now.. Remind your self that there should be only a one reason for you to be a doctor.. Not to show off to the society, not to make your family proud, not to earn a high salary.. It has to be because you want to save lives.. That should be your sole purpose of being a doctor.."

.....................................................................

"Dr.Wang? Don't you have the night shift today?"

Dr. Wang smiled and answered the doctor whom he has to be on night shift with..

"I have to go home soon tonight.. Dr. Li will cover for me.."

The other doctor nodded and bid him goodbye before going out for his duties.. Dr. Wang also quickly packed his stuff and went out of the office in a hurry..

He got into the elevator and checked his phone when he heard someone voice outside the elevator..

"Noo.. Wait.."

Dr. Wang was quick enough to stop the elevator door from closing and laughed when he saw a disheveled Dr. Liu Suyin in front of the doors..

"Nice timing.."

Dr. Wang said and she glared at him while getting in the elevator..

"Good evening to you too.."

She said with a bit of sarcasm and Dr. Wang couldn't help but to chuckle at that..

"An early leave today? How was the day with teaching interns? "

She asked when they both got off at the basement..

"Yeah.. Have to hurry home tonight.. And let's not talk about the interns.. I don't know what type of doctors will I raise in the future.."

She smiled knowingly and stopped at where her car was parked..

"I understand.. I'm also in charge of some spoiled kids.. Well then.. Have a safe drive.."

Dr. Wang smiled and greeted her back before leaving for his own car..

....................................................................

"... It looks like this storm will be staying with us for a good couple of weeks according to the weather reports.... The whole Beijing city looks so gloomy with the current weather isn't it?"