Chapter 05

"I don't know why he doesn't want to meet any of us.. I tried my best to get a chance to meet him.. But he keeps rejecting.. I don't know where he lives too.."

Dr. Wang felt bad for the old man who's heartbroken by not getting a chance to see his adopted son who has come back to them after being a dead man for years..

It has been three days since Dr. Xiao's return and ever since then until now, the man has rejected all the requests from his family to see him..

"Zhoucheng also called me for these past few days.. He also wanted to meet him but I stopped him from coming to the hospital as I was scared that they might start a fight here.."

Prof. Jiang nodded his head as he knew that what Dr. Wang said was true.. His younger son would probably throw a fist the second he meets his adopted brother and both of them would end up in a huge fight in the end for sure.

"You know how hard it was for my daughter right? When she got to hear that A-Zhan is alive, she almost fainted with happiness.. That's how much she loves him. I'm okay if he doesn't want to meet me or Zhoucheng, I just hope that at least he'll talk to his sister who has suffered a lot since that incident.."

There was nothing he could do so Dr. Wang could only nod along with whatever Prof. Jiang was saying since he knew that he can't help the man with any of his problems.. So when Prof. Jiang was requesting him a favor that was literally impossible, he was in a tight spot as he didn't know what to do..

"Yibo? Can you talk to him and ask him to at least contact his sister for once?"

Dr. Wang didn't know how to answer that question..

"I'm so sorry Prof. Jiang.. I'm afraid that I won't be able to help you in that matter.. It looks like he doesn't want to talk with anyone.. He's even ignoring me too.."

Prof. Jiang looked surprised for a moment before he sighed in desperation.. He never thought that a day would come where his adopted son would ignore Dr. Wang Yibo..

"I see.. Well, all we can do now is to give him some more time right? I'm sure that he'll open up after a few days.. I just want to  know where he has been for the past three years.."

Dr. Wang would also like to believe that it wouldn't take too long for Dr. Xiao to come back to his normal self.. But with everything that has happened he doubted that he would ever be the same as in the past.. The thought of getting ignored by Dr. Xiao for the rest of his life made his heart throb painfully..

...................................................................

"Here.. I'll take the night shift today.. So you can go home"

Dr. Wang placed a cup of coffee on top of the table as the younger doctor stared at him as if he grew two heads at once..

"Now don't stare at me like that.. You took my shift once when I had to go out.. So just think of this chance as me thanking you.."

In the end, Dr.Wang managed to convince the new young doctor to pass the night shift to him..

He made a coffee for himself and sat at his desk after glancing at the clock to confirm the time.. When it was 10pm, the young doctor has already left home and he was left alone in the office.. After few minutes, he heard the door open and saw how Dr. Xiao entered the office without even checking for who could be in the office..

His reaction was priceless as he was startled when he saw Dr. Wang looking at him from his seat as if he's judging him.. Dr. Xiao who has started to work as a doctor as well as  lecturer at the hospital, was hundred percent sure that he has asked to be assigned on night shifts when Dr. Wang isn't assigned..

Dr. Xiao tried his best not to show his surprise and went to his desk and sat there without even sparing a one glance at the man who has been staring at him ever since he entered the room.. He started up his computer and started his work and within few minutes, he heard Dr. Wang's voice from the other side of the room..

"How was the lectures with the interns? Aren't they hopeless? I have already made up my mind that if I am to get treated for something in the future, I would rather die than getting treatments from future doctors who are the interns now.."

Dr. Xiao silently glared at the other doctor across from the room and Dr. Wang looked at him with a challenging smile..

"What? As the department head, I have all the right to know what my subordinates are doing.. You said that I should only shut my mouth about personal stuff right? But I'm currently asking you about work.."

Dr. Xiao was on the edge of bursting out into flames with the way the other man kept annoying him while thinking about a better response to the other doctor's words..

"Well, congratulations Dr. Wang Yibo for getting the post of as the chief in the neurosurgery department.. I forgot to congratulate you earlier.. Ah also, congratulations on your new family too.."

Dr. Wang was confused for a second at those words before everything clicked in his mind..

"My family? Ah.. You mean-"

He was cut off by Dr. Xiao who stood up and went to grab a file from a cupboard..

"Well it's not like I'm upset or anything.. That would be ridiculous.. Maybe I'll introduce you to my girlfriend later if I get a chance.."

Dr. Wang felt as if a cold bucket of ice water was dumped on his head at the last statement.. He stood up from where he was sitting and went to Dr. Xiao who's still going through the cupboard..

Dr. Xiao let out a scream when Dr. Wang pulled him forward and slammed him against the wall next to them.. Dr. Wang's hands rested on Dr. Xiao's petite waist and Dr. Xiao's hans automatically went to Dr. Wang's wide chest..

Dr. Wang looked right into the other's eyes and felt his legs shake at the intimacy between them..

"It's just the two of us here.. Can you drop down that act and be yourself back again? Please Zhan.."

His voice cracked in the end and he saw how Dr. Xiao's eyes widen a little bit at those words.. He hoped for another snarky remark from the other doctor yet he was taken by surprise when Dr. Xiao's eyes moistened within seconds..

"I can't.. I don't think that I could ever be the same person again.. I'm so sorry Yibo.. I'm so sorry.. I-"

Dr. Wang placed his right hand on Dr. Xiao's mouth in order to stop him from saying whatever he wanted to say..

He sighed before removing his hands and finally distancing himself from the other man.. Dr. Xiao felt almost disappointed with the loss of the warmth yet reminded himself that Dr. Wang Yibo is a married man with a child now and that it wasn't appropriate to have such thoughts.

"Fine.. Do whatever you want.. But before that, talk to your family at least once.. They have been trying to contact you ever since you returned.. At least contact your sister.. You might not know but it was so hard for her when you- when you left us.. Don't let her suffer more.."

Dr. Xiao remained glued on the same spot, leaning against the wall as Dr. Wang made his way back to his desk..

"... And I'm looking forward to meet your new girlfriend too Dr. Xiao Zhan.."

....................................................................

                   (To be continued)

....................................................................

A/N - so it's my birthday today so here's my treat for my beautiful readers from me.. 🙈

I can't send y'all some 🍰 🍰 so enjoy this chapter instead..

Kinda rushed this chapter so I'm not exactly satisfied but if I'll get a chance, I might edit the chapter later..

Anyway hope that y'all enjoyed this chapter..

Stay safe and Have a nice day~

@chaewon778